Sea Eagles v Cowboys Qualifing final Teams, news & chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Team Lists - Finals Week One
6/09/2011 3:52:00 PM
The Sea Eagles will play their first game of finals football this Saturday night against the North Queensland Cowboys.

See who's been named below.

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Joe Galuvao
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Vic Mauro
Shane Rodney

Tim Robinson
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose
Tony Williams
Terence Seuseu

Cowboys finals wk 1, 1-13:
Bowen, Graham, Tate, Tonga, Faifai Loa, Thompson, Thurston, Scott, Payne, Tamou, Cooper, Hall, Johnson.
bench: Segeyaro, Bolton, Taumalolo, A.Sims, Paterson (one to be omitted). #Nrl #GoManly

Refs - WT v StgI: Archer/Cecchin;
Bris v NZL: Maxwell/Hayne;
Manly v NQ: Cummins/Badger;
Melb v Newc: Klein/Devcich #Nrl
Echofon • 6/09/11 11:56 AM

Could be as early as 2pm! RT @berkeley_eagle: @manlyseaeagles @MembersGuru @jivebong What time can we expect team announcemnt today?#gomanly
TweetDeck • 6/09/11 12:07 PM

We DO want to see the name B STEWART as fullback and then the name K FORAN as 5/8...and if so I'll be happy....would love to see the name G STEWART as lock but that ain't going to happen!!

not thrilled with the refs but at least we don't have Matt "Catastrophe" Checcin

No, unfortunately I didn't. I might have been the butterfly wing that held back Matai if I had. Why do you ask?

I actually don't mind Cummins and hopefully Badger will be a bit gun shy with us after it was shown his incorrect report got Gift sin-binned.

The finals are what it's about: Hasler
Matt Trodden
6/09/2011 1:46:04 PM
Manly coach Des Hasler has declared his side ready for the finals ahead of their qualifying final clash with the North Queensland Cowboys on Saturday night.

The Eagles second place finish gives them a home region final against the Cowboys, and while they are still missing a couple of players, Hasler said the playing group are all getting excited about this week’s clash.

“They’ll be ready to play and they’re looking forward to playing on Saturday against the Cowboys,” Hasler said.

“They’ll be a tough opposition, they’ve got arguably, the best player in the world in (Johnathan) Thurston, they’ve got one of the form front rowers, he’ll probably carry off the award tonight, young (Matt) Scott.

“And two international centres in Tate and Tonga, and they’ve got that little x-factor at the back there in Bowen.

“They’re going to be a pretty tough opposition for us, but that’s what finals footy is about, so it should be good.”

With some players missing, or somewhat underdone through injury and suspension, Hasler admitted that the Sea Eagles could be in better shape, but he has no doubt they will be a force in the finals.

“Obviously when you really get down to it, we probably could have arrived in better shape, but the circumstances haven’t allowed that,” he said.

“On the other side of the competition you see sides like St George, the Tigers and the Warriors have all arrived in good shape so they’re some of the obstacles we’ve got to overcome.

“I think this side has shown some real character last Sunday and we’re in to it up to our, right up to it, so it should be good.

“The finals are what it’s all about, so therein lies the challenge.”

Hasler was also full of praise for his squad, and the way in which they
have turned themselves into a premiership force after falling away to the end of last season.

“It was always going to be a year of finding out I think, there was always that potential there,” he said.

“This side deserves a lot of credit in what they’ve created and what they’ve moulded themselves into.

“But we can’t get too far ahead of ourselves.

“Top two means little now, for one of a better cliché, (it’s) another competition now, so it starts from there.”

While not trying to get too far ahead of himself, Hasler admitted a week off, which the Sea Eagles will attain should they win on Saturday night, would be very valuable to them at this time of year.

“It’s always handy at this time of the year (week off),” he said.

“For us at the moment, where we’re situated, the week off would be good for us.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=43175&title=the-finals-are-what-it's-about:-hasler

Focus squarely on the Cowboys: Lyon
Matt Trodden
6/09/2011 3:47:23 PM
Manly captain Jamie Lyon says that despite there being an open field in this year’s finals, the Sea Eagles’ focus is squarely on the North Queensland Cowboys as they shape to face them at the SFS this Saturday.

The Eagles have the tough assignment of North Queensland first up, and Lyon knows how hard it will be.

To see the full interview, launch the video player on the right.

“I suppose any game is going to be tough at this time of the year,” he said.

“It will be a good test for us coming up against Thurston and Matt Scott and the like, so should be a tough game.”

“I don’t think you can pick any side that’s going to be a stand out, I think any side in the top eight can win it.

“I genuinely mean that and there are some really tough sides amongst them.

“(But) we’re not worrying about anyone else, it’s just Thurston and the Cowboys at the moment.”

Despite falling to the Broncos in Brisbane last Sunday, the Sea Eagles are entering the finals in good touch, and Lyon believes their young halves should take plenty of credit.

“We’ve put a couple of good wins back to back,” he said.

“I think our halves have been great, which has set us up for the season pretty much, so they’ve really come on board.

“The combination they’ve got going has really helped the team and I think it’s good for their confidence.”

Team Lists - Finals Week One
6/09/2011 3:52:00 PM
The Sea Eagles will play their first game of finals football this Saturday night against the North Queensland Cowboys.

See who's been named below.

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Joe Galuvao
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Vic Mauro
Shane Rodney

Tim Robinson
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose
Tony Williams
Terence Seuseu

Is there someone besides wolfy, King and Glenn Stewart missing?
I can't put my finger on it but seems like there is someone missing from that squad

Daniel said:
I can't put my finger on it but seems like there is someone missing from that squad

Your boy Darcy

Oh I knew he was missing too.

I can't put my finger on it but there is something different about the team lineup

Daniel said:
Oh I knew he was missing too.

I can't put my finger on it but there is something different about the team lineup

Having Mauro playing second row is a shock, rather than Buhrer or T Rex, but I think all the available players are there.

Daniel said:

is it Joe starting in the front row that is throwing you?

Just looking on the Cowboys Stampede forum, they seem to be think they have us in the forwards. Fair dinkum, the only forwards I'd have from that pack are Scott and maybe 'Glass Jaw' Johnson.

The general consensus over there is they need to dominate the forward battle because our backs are much stronger, but I can't see their forwards getting over the top of ours, even with a couple out.

Gavin Cooper-meh, Hall- form has dropped a bit, Johnson- same as hall.

How the hell is our pack weak? We came 2nd ffs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6