Sea Eagles v Warriors match day thread Rd 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Our refs for the #GFrepeat against @NZ_warriors at Eden Park are Tony Archer and Ben Cummins. #homeandaway #NRLWarMan #gomanly

Referees confirmed for NRL - National Rugby League Round 1!

Knights v Dragons: Matt Cecchin and Ashley Klein

lol

I'm going to the Newcastle game. If I see Klein up close it might not end well! I'll have to make sure I have some sort of Manly gear on :p

manlyforever08 said:
I'm going to the Newcastle game. If I see Klein up close it might not end well! I'll have to make sure I have some sort of Manly gear on :p

He probably wouldn't see you, he seems to miss seeing a few things. :D :D

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10788536

The Warriors have announced their team for their season opener against the Manly Sea Eagles at Eden Park on Sunday with young centre Konrad Hurrell to make his debut.

The rookie has been named to partner Jerome Ropati in the centres for the club's season opener against Manly at Eden Park on Sunday.

Ropati returns to the side after missing almost the entire 2011 season through injury.

Kevin Locke is preferred to Glen Fisiiahi at fullback.

Coach Brian McClennan has named a seven-man interchange bench including a potential debut for last year's Junior Warriors captain Ben Henry.

Hooker Nathan Friend has been named to make his first NRL appearance for the Warriors.

Warriors team:
1 Kevin Locke, 2 Bill Tupou, 3 Konrad Hurrell, 4 Jerome Ropati, 5 Manu Vatuvei, 6 James Maloney, 7 Shaun Johnson, 8 Russell Packer, 9 Nathan Friend, 10 Ben Matulino, 11 Feleti Mateo, 12 Simon Mannering, 13 Elijah Taylor. Interchange: Lewis Brown, Sione Lousi, Ben Henry, Ukuma Ta'ai, Glen Fisiiahi, Krisnan Inu, Alehana Mara.

Inu must have had an off-season injury, or maybe a very laid-back off-season? He was one of their best in the gf but now he's out, replaced by a debutant . . .

The Warriors will want first blood playing at home They will want revenge . Big first up test for 2V and the boys .

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Inu must have had an off-season injury, or maybe a very laid-back off-season? He was one of their best in the gf but now he's out, replaced by a debutant . . .

I read somewhere that this debutant just about broke every under 20s record last year. Expect him to be a household name in the next few years. Hopefully Matai or Lyon keep him quiet in his debut

Sea Eagles: 1 Brett Stewart 2 Michael Oldfield 3 C Jamie Lyon 4 Steve Matai 5 David Williams 6 Kieran Foran 7 Daly Cherry-Evans 8 Jason King 9 Matt Ballin 10 Brent Kite 11 Anthony Watmough 12 Tony Williams 13 Glenn Stewart 14 Jamie Buhrer 15 Vic Mauro 16 Darcy Lussick 17 George Rose 18 Jorge Taufua

didnt they report that joe pulled out of the WCC game with a virus. Cant believe he is still knocked up by that. Maybe between the flight, and the virus he is a little un fit, unless he injured himself at training

In saying that if fit he is in the team on last years efforts

jbb/james said:
didnt they report that joe pulled out of the WCC game with a virus. Cant believe he is still knocked up by that. Maybe between the flight, and the virus he is a little un fit, unless he injured himself at training

In saying that if fit he is in the team on last years efforts

just checked, joe out for 2 weeks with a foot injury

Taufua is on standby for Matai who, along with some of the others in the team, got sick while over in the UK.

Lets hope Matai gets over his sickness in time for the game on Sunday.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4