Seaeagles interchange

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
At times a little confused when only 16 players are used which seems a little bit of a waste with the frenetic speed of the modern game.
Points out 2 factors.
1 - The squad is supremely fit.
2 - The quality of the depth is really being tested.
Cant fault Tooves as a coach, but feel its a disadvantage in the modern game to not use all 17 players.
Really think a quick explosive player could offer plenty of the bench like Lawton (think he is injured atm) to go with the 3 fowards.

MK Eagle said:
At times a little confused when only 16 players are used which seems a little bit of a waste with the frenetic speed of the modern game.
Points out 2 factors.
1 - The squad is supremely fit.
2 - The quality of the depth is really being tested.
Cant fault Tooves as a coach, but feel its a disadvantage in the modern game to not use all 17 players.
Really think a quick explosive player could offer plenty of the bench like Lawton (think he is injured atm) to go with the 3 fowards.

Understand your points MK but maybe it's just a "feel" thing with Tooves.

So many teams/coach's have a certain time when guys are subbed regardless of how they're playing and the state of the game.

Why sub someone just because there's fresh legs on the bench?

Is a fresh Gower or Hasson as good as a slightly fatigued Choc or Gifty?

Proven performers on the park can lift and inspire the team ( and maybe deflate the opposition ) just by their presence and experience.

I think the only times that Tooves' has left a freshy on the bench this year has been when King, Joe and Richie have been missing.

So the answer may be a pineapple!

In Tooves we trust.

Maybe he felt that it was in the best interest of the team to leave the players on the field, communication, combinations etc, rather than just bring a new player on. He might even be trying to boost the match fitness of all the players before it gets to the tougher games as the season progresses.

Yeah, it's a really good point.

The MAIN issue is tired players giving away careless penalties / tired errors in the last 20mins.

Give em a break 10 before/after halftime. I trust the coaches, but even coaching juniors, when ya buggered ya lose judgement.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4