Season 2009 where to from here??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I said this prior to kick off, this is going to be tough year, all those saying "back to back" were speaking from the heart NOT the head!!

I remember well the year of 1987, Grand Final winners and on top of the world.

The came ,1988, first game aginst the newest side in the comp the Brisbane Bronco's....an absolute flogging, and that continued for much of 1988...every side lifted when playing last years premiers and I think we went from 1st to about 13th in one year!!

Welcome to the world of being reining Premiers when EVERYONE lifts to beat the crap out of you!!!

Roll onto 2009 and it's Dejavu.

The way we are going we could be the first to go from Premiers to Wooden Spooners all in one year......unlikely...but possible.

The fantastic thing about 2008 was the very few players were used all year...it was something like low 20's....the bad thing was that no one else got a run, we are suffering for that now!!

It's hard to see us winning away from home next week so the pain will probably continue, I guess we have to look forward to the following game (round 5) where the side may start to look a little normal, buit what will the mental scars of losing the first 4 games be like....it will take one HUGE effort to get back from that, again possible BUT very very hard!!

Two things are happening to us now (apart from the bleeding obvious like ill discipline etc)

1) Everyone is lifting against us and now we are at the bottom this will be more intense every week and every game
2) Our reserves have had little or no game time in the last two years and when we lose our front liners we are stuffed!!

The "where to from here" I guess is that the team has to go back to the basics, start again, not play the fancy stuff, just do the basics well and try and build again. There was some good stuff tonight,the defence on the line at the end of the first half was to be applauded, but all in all of there was a LOT of very ordinary play and sadly we are just not used to it so it does make it hard to understand why it is so!!

So my answer is get back to basics.

Sure we may lose some games in doing that BUT if the players are putting in and the basics are starting to work that's room for confidence.

Season 2009 isn't gone (as some on here might already suggest) but it's going to be a long hard road back, and getting harder with each loss from here on.

Stay as we are and that wooden spoon is looming!!

So Des needs to not try and reinvent the wheel but just get back to the basics we were all taught as Junior footy players, that's what seems to have been lost these last three weeks, basic common sense!!

But chin up, after all, it's only football!!

Well if we make the Top 8 after that performance it will be a farking miracle

We are 15th now and probably will be 16th after this weekend so thankfuly we can't go any further than last.

More pain to come I am afraid!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4