Season Over.....almost a relief

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Now I'd love for us to be going an extra week (or two), but a loss like tonight actually has me in a good frame of mind. Sure losing sucks, but the boys showed us all why we love them and this club.

However for the first time, probably since around the Super League War, I'm almost relieved the season is over. It's been an emotionally draining one for most of us fans (god knows how it's been for those inside the club) and I'm looking forward to some time off Rugby League.

I just hope and pray (well to Jamie the 9th immortal) that the issues at the club are sorted out quickly and decisively. I just want players at the club who want to be there, and from what I've seen from some of those like JSL, Blair, Gutho etc...the future is bright. I also hope we have some wise head (Killer etc) to guide them over the coming years.

Manly Forever.

It was a brave effort and gives us lots to look forward to in 2015.

For me the bull**** we as a club have self inflicted has to be run out of the club right now.

The facts are 6 weeks ago we were a real chance and we were undone by selfishness and pettiness.

Line in the sand time for some.

You are either with the club or you are not!!

The members and fans deserve so much more and on tonight's evidence we have tonnes to look forward too.

Our leadership must sort it out to give the team a chance to move forward.

sheridanstand78 said:
It was a brave effort and gives us lots to look forward to in 2015.

For me the bull**** we as a club have self inflicted has to be run out of the club right now.

The facts are 6 weeks ago we were a real
chance and we were undone by selfishness and pettiness.

Line in the sand time for some.

You are either with the club or you are not!!

The members and fans deserve so much more

and on tonight's evidence we have tonnes to look forward too.

Our leadership must sort it out to give the team
a chance to move forward.

This. Totally feel the same.

As Thrower Krillich said....the lunatics are running the asylum.

The 'lunatics' should be doing what they are getting very good money for - play football and leave the running of the club to others.

Unfortunately part of the problem is that those who are supposed to be running things (the club board) are too busy fighting each other and seemingly trying to one-up each other. And Tooves is getting caught in the crossfire from both sides.

I'm relieved. It's obvious that the winner of Souffs/Rorters is going to rape the winner of the other side of the draw in the Grand Final. I can handle a loss tonight but I'd never get over being beaten by Rorters twice in the GF or even worse, Souffs breaking their historic drought by beating us in the GF. We'd never live that down. We just didn't have the personnel and the right frame of mind to win it this year.

Bring on 2015.

I haven't posted for a while. Watching & reading everything going on around the club these last couple of months, has for me, been the worst in years. To be honest, I'm glad its over.

If ever a club needed an off season it's us. Best case scenario; most of the issues are sorted out over the next 5 months and we can look forward to the 2015 season with genuine optimism.

I' glad this season is over.

Now it's time for the club to take control of the asylum.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Zorba is one who should take a long hard look at himself

Before throwing stones, tell us exactly why, and provide evidence. Otherwise, your criticizing an official of our club, yet pull the trigger at and when anyone else does.

I'm not relieved at all I'm gutted. We should've won that game and be in the prelim final. Refs were hopeless and so were some of our last play decisions. Why DCE didn't take the shot on the 4th tackle I'll never know. We had a team who played their guts out last night and thanks to the clowns with whistles we are out. It's bullsht and losing to that scummy club makes it even worse.

Yeah it is a relief that this year is over.

Who ever wants to go needs to leave ao we can put together a string team in the off season.

If choc wants out he needs to go cause it seems like he is an instigator.

Hopefully snake and skivvy sort out any issue in the summer, we re sign dce and foz and play a giod season.

If Choc wants out then let him go but say bye bye to paying him anything next year otherwise stay here and suck it up.

Ryan said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Before throwing stones, tell us exactly why, and provide evidence. Otherwise, your criticizing an official of our club, yet pull the trigger at and when anyone else does.

Evidence and the truth? Two entirely different beasts.

Ryan said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Ok I can, have you read this article? :

Loss of Glenn Stewart to South Sydney Rabbitohs still rankles Manly Sea Eagles board

Peters airs the clubs 'dirty laundry' in public and used broadcast media to point-score his peers on the board.

It could only be Peter Peters who forwarded his personal emails to journo Danny Wiedler.

But for what reason? In his mind perhaps to defend himself from accusations that he was negatively involved in the Glenn Stewart debable.

Essentially, it's a boardroom discussion that only a few dozen people are even aware of, which becomes an online story for everyone, including supporters, to read. Sure, Peters gets clarification from Glenn's agent and then presents that to the board. But no, he has to forward it to a journo.

Peters leaks to the media for self-centred reasons and not for the benefit of the club. The Gifty issue should be kept in the boardroom, not forwarded to a journo to make yet another 'manly is dysfunctional' story.

I think Peters has an overblown sense of himself and can't distinguish between in-house matters and public interest stories, or himself as a board member or as the centre of the Universe. That's why he should have a good hard look at himself, and we at him.

The " loss" ( to be confirmed ) of 1,2,3 or more senior players will diminish that scum bags power and influence.

It's doubtful he has much , if any, influence over the younger brigade.

His future is short term rather than long term , I don't wish ill health on anyone but that's about the only way we will be rid of him any quicker.

The stupid thing is it could have all been so very different.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4