Secret Stewart brothers meeting raises fears of Manly exodus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know 100% what Anthony Watmough is on, and he actually gets $75k less next year than this year (so that is the first lie from the author), and the amount listed by Adrian Proszenko is more than double what he is actually getting paid (second lie).

Therefore, take it that this article is hogwash.

When all dust settles, and should Glenn, in all likelihood go, that will be it, where else would the other guys be able to go to, as they won't be able to all go to the same club.
Brett may be in demand with a couple of clubs, he won't be needed at Souths, Dragons,Roosters,Tigers, Penrith, Parra, perhaps the Sharks,but Gordon is very solid for them, and I don't know if they want Glenn, and perhaps the Bulldogs, but not really sure if Brett is a priority for them considering his injuries.
Lot of talk of Canberra as a possibility for Glenn, and probably a possibility for Brett, should Milford go, but not really sure if Brett would want to follow Glenn down to Canberra, should he do that, then all the best, and it has been a pleasure having him and Glenn play for Manly over all these years and let's all move on.

How much longer can these back ended deals go on for, didn't des leave in 2011. Did he re-sign every player in 2011 on a huge back ended deal for 5 years. Who were we paying big money to in 2010/2011 if all these players were on minimal money at that time. Something just doesn't add up

MissKate said:
How much longer can these back ended deals go on for, didn't des leave in 2011. Did he re-sign every player in 2011 on a huge back ended deal for 5 years. Who were we paying big money to in 2010/2011 if all these players were on minimal money at that time. Something just doesn't add up

but if you can only keep the next player on a back ended deal the year after you do that

Ryan said:
I know 100% what Anthony Watmough is on, and he actually gets $75k less next year than this year (so that is the first lie from the author), and the amount listed by Adrian Proszenko is more than double what he is actually getting paid (second lie).

Therefore, take it that this article is hogwash.

Well said Ryan. That money quoted for Watmough is the money 3 or 4 half back can dream of in their next deal.

Maybe they were trying to nut out a deal for Brett to take less coin so we could keep Glenn? We would need NRL approval to vary Brett's current deal, so that's consistent with Perry's statement this morning.

tookey said:
No guesses for how the eagle eyed observer was

4 olives happens to be one of Zorba's favourite breakfast places as I have seen him there numerous times.
How dumb would he have to be, to think that this orchestrated attack on ' the Club I bleed maroon and white for' will benefit anyone :huh:

HappilyManly said:
tookey said:
No guesses for how the eagle eyed observer was

4 olives happens to be one of Zorba's favourite breakfast places as I have seen him there numerous times.
How dumb would he have to be, to think that this orchestrated attack on ' the Club I bleed maroon and white for' will benefit anyone :huh:
Nah you're mistaken, zorba was in the 4,000 olives deli.

strone33 said:
You know what, I think we should let them both go, I'm sick of hearing about it.
If we don't have the cash for Glenn and Brett wants to go to then so be it.
Concentrate on keeping Hiku, Gutho, Jake etc and move on and build for the future.

If Brett wants to follow Glenn, after all the support we and Manly have given him over the years, then thanks for the memories and farewell.
How many games in the last year have Glenn and Brett played together for Manly? They've been fantastic for us but all good things have to come to an end sometime.

Yep, so be it, so be it!

Moondog said:
I would think a crowded restaurant in Manly may not be the best place for a secret meeting (no one will recognise us there).
Were they in disguise? Is the restaurant owned by four people called Olive? Who was the eagle-eyed busybody? What about the rumour Brett and the waitress (a certain Olive Oyl) were confronted later in the evening by a short, pipe smoking sailor....

And no-one noticed that sitting inconspicuously in the corner was the very first player manager, J. Wellington Wimpy, whose famous line "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" is generally believed to be the first back ended contract.

NRL faxed me Choc's full contract by mistake. I phoned the club, who were onto me straight away about it - so I have no qualms saying this publicly. I also phoned the NRL, three times, who ignored my calls. I guess privacy isn't an issue at NRL headquarters.

Go figure.

The NRL still haven't replied to my Long Service Player commentary.

All I have to say is Adrian Proszenko is kidding himself - either lying, or may have the wrong info. Also, Watmough's salary is going down 75k next year...no back ending.

As I have repeatedly said " believe nothing you read, nothing you hear and only half of what you see with your own eyes".

Journo's are a plague, just there to make up crap and sell newspapers!!!

MadMarcus said:
Maybe they were trying to nut out a deal for Brett to take less coin so we could keep Glenn? We would need NRL approval to vary Brett's current deal, so that's consistent with Perry's statement this morning.
This above quote is a simple and fair way to resolve the issue, Brett's on way to much coin for the footy he plays.

To be honest, this happens everytime a decent player has had to renew his contract. There is always a load of garbage and speculation printed in the papers until the deal is done. Then co-incidentally you hear nothing from the same speculator journos as soon as the player re-signs. Just about every decent player goes through this at every club and most of them re-sign unless there is a real problem and if that is the case its usually a mid contract move.

I honestly couldnt see Brett playing for any other club,he know,s how much the fans love him and have stuck by him,yes it Glen goes it will be hard on him,which is normal,but here is hoping something will happen to keep them both at the best team of all

The last line of a telegraph story today says that the stewart boys' managers didn't meet last week as reported.

lol...yes!

Now we can discuss how the telegraph deliberately reports incorrect things and only makes tiny 'corrections'.

And why everyone is up so early!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7