Seen that Lowie's pushing for a

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
Pacifica team made up of the likes of Tonga, Samoa, Niue, Cook Islands etc . players to compete on a more regular basis and stop the player drain to Origin and New Zealand.
I'd imagine to work like this 4 out of 5 years they play together and split for the World Cup.
Now Union has tried this in the past with an Islander team and it worked for a bit.
League has made Origin a success in its own right something we took from AFL and what's not to say they could make this successful.
My question if say this Pacifica side formed would you go and see them play? Against the likes of Aus, NZ etc.
I've often thought that if Samoa and Tonga had the ability to call upon all there heritage players they could give the likes of the big 3 a big shake

1. Hayne
2. Uate
3. Matai
4. Hurrell? (if not Maori)
5. Vatuvei
6. ??
7. ??
8. Kite
9. ??
10. Asotasi
11. Pritchard
12. Tony Williams
13. Jeremy Smith

Im sure ive missed plenty

Handy, eligable side if none pledged to aus or nz.

They could definately be sucessful.

Hopefully someone in the various organisations gives it the green light.

The players of Island heritage wanted to play England this year but the ARL and NZRL declined them the opportunity holding them to the RLPA demands of a lesser load a year prior to the World Cup.

The reason most people don't worry about the Northern Hemisphere teams is they play regular tests at the end of the season.

ie England vs The Exiles
France vs Wales

I reckon a "Pacific Islands" team would be awesome.

With the development of Rugby League in PNG and Fiji there are some really decent players coming out of the pacific islands. In Fiji mainly it's Rugby they play, but it's quite impressive how skilled some of these guys are, even at a park level over there.

Bring it on I say!

MrInvisible said:

With the development of Rugby League in PNG and Fiji there are some really decent players coming out of the pacific islands. In Fiji mainly it's Rugby they play, but it's quite impressive how skilled some of these guys are, even at a park level over there.

Bring it on I say!

Is Barba from PNG?

Napper said:
MrInvisible said:

Bring it on I say!

Is Barba from PNG?

QLD.

MrInvisible said:

Bring it on I say!

Positive signs with a team possibly from PNG playing in the QLD Cup as well

eagles2win said:
Napper said:
MrInvisible said:

Bring it on I say!

Is Barba from PNG?

QLD.

Yeah born in Darwin. But im sure i remember reading somewhere he is eligable for PNG.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4