Segeyaro to Panthers where does that leave Ballin??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There were a heap of rumours on here weeks ago about Mattie heading to the Cowboys.

The Panthers (on Twitter) have just announced the signing of Segeyaro (sorry of spelt wrong) to the Panthers...I know they still have Payne BUT could this mean the rumours might be true???

Meh, if we are going to lose a heap of players, get them all out of the way this year. I'm now of the opinion that Toovey should ask who wants to be here, who doesn't, these are our offers - you don't want them, wrack off.....

Now lets focus on football.

It hopefully leaves him where he is.

I like almost every fan can not fathom why contract negotiations are not restricted to the almost 5 month off season.

Agreed UP, maybe the ICC will do something about this absurd situation. Gallop clearly didn't think it was worth any effort to clean up.

We do not have the luxury to restrict it to the off season. We compete with a few other sports for our players. These players want some security on their pay cheques. If we had a base rate of say $150 000, then we could include a draft as well. Have this as a 20 day period after the grand final. It would need to be more enticing to the players to do it this way with monetary reward the only option. I think leave it the way it is or give origin a 3 week run with players rested and contracts registered only during that period or during 3 weeks in the off season.

I am guessing they have to upgrade alot of players like we do. Cant see how cowboys can buy anyone with the massive names they already have on their roster heaps of origin players too!.

If he is leaving the Cowboys, this reopen the rumor that Balin may in fact be going home. My concern is we have not had any confirmation of players signing since Matai re signed. You would think the club would keep its supporters informed of progress other than board room bumblings?

i was thinking about this too when i heard he had signed with the panthers.

with trex and lussick out of the picture, im hoping we have the money the comfortably keep ballin (and snake)

I was speaking with Alan Tongue on Wednesday - his daughter goes to the same school as my kids. He is one of the most genuine and nice guys you would ever have the fortune to meet! Anyway, basically said that the Raiders have given up on Ballin.......

I don't think Ballin will go.
Cowboys will stick with Payne and try to keep as many of their star forwards as they can. They have a gun forward pack.
Pardon the pun, but they have plenty of other cattle they'll try and keep before they sign Ballin I reckon.

Central Coast Eagle said:
When has the club ever kept supporters informed?
Gee that's harsh, under the current CEO there has been news releases on the website the moment a player has officially signed or left the club.

Just another thIng those who think the cowboys would be closer to home for Matt.
Kingaroy to Sydney 820km
Kingaroy to Townsville 960

Source : http://www.tiptopglobe.com/city?n=Kingaroy&p=8573#lat=-29.10418&lon=160.10376&zoom=7

Sam Perrett has also asked for an immediate release to join the dogs. They must have a bloody good accountant over there.

Cameron said:
Central Coast Eagle said:
When has the club ever kept supporters informed?
Gee that's harsh, under the current CEO there has been news releases on the website the moment a player has officially signed or left the club.

I should have been more clear, I meant about ongoing negotiations, and nor should they keep us informed until a deal is done either way.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6