Serious question about Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
What are we actually going to do?

Is it time for us to move to the SFS? The way I see it is that unless there is intervention by the Council/State Government/NRL giving us funds, the move looks inevitable.

And before everyone says the Federal Government promised $10M, we are still short a good $20M.

We are the ONLY NRL team between the Harbour Bridge and the Swansea Bridge! A total population of over 800,000 people and the NRL don't seem to care!

Is it time we built a brand new ground on the Northern Beaches? But then again we need the funds for this.

In my opinion, Brookie will only last at least another 2 years at its current state. And with the upgrade we want for Brookie, will it be enough, or should we knock it down and start fresh?

If PM Dumbo comes good, we'll have enough to do what needs to be done without ruining the character of the place.
Give them $35M and they'd screw it.

Manly has to find a new Fan base as very few Season Ticket holders will fight Sydney traffic - I know I won:t.

So its a simple business decision as Manly Membership has the demographics of where their Fans are located.

I think that the Corporates, that we often hear about, would not be Central Coast based.

SFS is better for the Fans, whilst the Olympic Park is better for Corporates. Olympic Park should be the target.

Unfortunately, the NRL are turning the game into a TV Audience Sport. The Nines may make them appreciate the contribution that we spectators make at a Venue - then again... :s

HappilyManly said:
Manly has to find a new Fan base as very few Season Ticket holders will fight Sydney traffic - I know I won:t.

So its a simple business decision as Manly Membership has the demographics of where their Fans are located.

I think that the Corporates, that we often hear about, would not be Central Coast based.

SFS is better for the Fans, whilst the Olympic Park is better for Corporates. Olympic Park should be the target.

Unfortunately, the NRL are turning the game into a TV Audience Sport. The Nines may make them appreciate the contribution that we spectators make at a Venue - then again... :s

Obviously most of our fan base would be located on the Northern Beaches but it would be interesting to know the demographics of our Sydney based members & fans that attend a couple of games per year. Even though it's quicker for me to drive to Homebush
than Brookie I would be dismayed if we moved home games there.

ManlyArmy said:
Rat Park may even be a good option aswell.

In what universe?
It's got a tiny capacity, no corporate facilities and is in the middle of BF nowhere.
Away fans think Brookie is hard to get to. The silly bastards have never even heard of Warriewood.

We are the ONLY NRL team between the Harbour Bridge and the Swansea Bridge! A total population of over 800,000 people and the NRL don't seem to care!
Why should the NRL care?,it has nothing to do with them, the NRL is NOT going to pour tens of millions to upgrade a stadium for no return whatsoever, this is a matter for the Sea Eagles and the three levels of government.

Peter C said:
Why should the NRL care?,it has nothing to do with them, the NRL is NOT going to pour tens of millions to upgrade a stadium for no return whatsoever, this is a matter for the Sea Eagles and the three levels of government.
Thank you Peter C. for allowing some intelligence into this post!

HappilyManly said:
very few Season Ticket holders will fight Sydney traffic - I know I won:t.

By moving to Homebush or SFS, you are just making local fans on the Northern Beaches fight traffic, not solving the problem, just shifting it.

I had a dream last night Manly got a new stadium with monster carpark built over the top of a 6 or 8 lane freeway somewhere north of the bridge.

I've been going to Brookie since around 1960 and love the oval. I go to the majority of home games. But, with the way the Council and the State and Federal Government is treating Brookie, I'm just about convinced that the Manly Sea Eagles must take a stand.
I suggest the club gives the Council 12-months notice of its intention to relocate to the SFS if it continues this anti-Sea Eagle approach to the oval. I would list the conditions Manly needs to stay at Brookie. I believe the Council needs the Sea Eagles at Brookie as much as we need Brookie. (The NRL and Channel Nein would be delighted if we moved to the SFS).
I would enter into a preliminary lease with the SFS for season 2015 - but just for the one season. So, if events had us playing out of the SFS and it didn't work out, then we could re-evaluate our options (as limited as they may be).
Unfortunately I'm not in the Warringah electorate or else I would consider standing as a Councillor. I'm very disappointed with the NSW and Federal Liberal Governments. We are their 'fan' base so it is about time we get some of the favours that Labor Governments give to their electorates. That's unfortunately how politics works in this country.
As stated many times before, the north of Sydney needs its own purpose-built 40,000-seat stadium. The St Ives Showground site seems the most logical to me.
I would hate to have to go to the SFS to watch a Manly home game. I wouldn't go every game, I'd pick and choose. So, if I'm typical, playing at the SFS would hurt our crowd numbers and impact on our on-field results.
I certainly hope it doesn't come to this.
An interim measure may be for we fans to stage some rallies at Council meetings to show that this issue is important.

I wouldn't mind us dividing our home games into two. Like the following:

6 games at Brookie, against teams like: Melbourne, Brisbane, Cowboys, Warriors, Newcastle, Canberra, Gold Coast, Penrith.

6 games at the SFS/Bluetongue against teams like: Souths, Easts, Dragons, Parra, Bulldogs, Wests, Cronulla

Not sure why we are asking serious questions about Brooke, but here goes.

Now ok, please hear me out before you make up your mind about this. Ok what if Brooke would have been with someone other than $Bill and Ridge came back wanting her back. Would Ridge just expect Brooke to break this man's heart and go back to him without any regards to what Brooke and this man has built over the last year?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Not sure why we are asking serious questions about Brooke, but here goes.

Now ok, please hear me out before you make up your mind about this. Ok what if Brooke would have been with someone other than $Bill and Ridge came back wanting her back. Would Ridge just expect Brooke to break this man's heart and go back to him without any regards to what Brooke and this man has built over the last year?

Sadly I know what you are talking about. The blonde Brookie has been mounted more times than our famous Hill. I think she's had 16 husbands since the show started - or so my wife tells me.

What about putting money (ALOT) into Manly oval ??.
Could it even be possible to share with Marlins ??..
Being so close to Ferry & an easy commute,would get a lot more fans over...
And parking is always so easy to find in Manly !!!!!

Brookie is the only place that is in a semi industrial area.
It is already a stadium - the Council are just running it down to force the State Trust to step in :cool:

Manly Oval is already enclosed by residential properties.
St Ives has no direct transport.
Rat Park is tiny and has no transport.

We ain't moving !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4