Setting the record straight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
I reckon the best way to set the record straight for Brett would be if Media Watch did a show on the reporting of Brett's case -in particular pointing out the misinformation circulated by the media at the time the incident took place and their failure to correct it when the truth came out IN COURT.

Some examples of things I remember being reported at the time (most of which were not even raised in Court by the Crown as I understand it) are:

•        She was raped in the stairwell

•        He had his pants around his ankles

•        The GF saw him with ‘Brett Jr’ exposed and said ‘not again’

•        A neighbour recorded the whole thing on his phone camera

•        He was so drunk he didn’t know what he was doing

•        He didn’t remember anything

•        He was kicked out of the bar.

As a result of this shoddy reporting a lot of people are walking away with the view 'we'll never know what really happened, he probably did something...'.  If they had the benefit of DSM5's excellent reporting and the evidence that was presented in Court they would quickly work what happened, whatever their rugby league allegiance.

Something needs to be done to set the record straight, and I think it appropriate that the media cop a serve at the same time for their disgraceful behaviour (they should have a go at Gallop too while they are at it for caving in to the media).  Anybody else have any other ideas?

I am sure that brett's legal team are now looking at past newspaper articles to see if he was defamed. 

wow some unbelievable bull**** there.

any idea which newspapers they were? were they all the telegraph?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6