Seu Seu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jonesyv2

Reserve Grader
Where does he fit in 2011? He personally impressed me in the Trial games (me @ brookie and my brother in law @ NZ) and also impressed me in the QLD cup last year (Although i only say 5 games total).

I had doubts after Des axed him early on, but seriously he looks like hes another player now and i honoustley believe it will be hard to keep him away from a bench spot.

I'm hoping one of:-

Liam Foran
Terrnece Seu Seu
William Hopoate

Grab the utility bench spot. Hoppa could be like Gidley for NSW off the bench.

They are in order of who I'd pick forst for the 14 spot.

He was the next big thing at Newcastle untill he got done drink driving and they axed him.

Fonz link said:
He was the next big thing at Newcastle untill he got done drink driving and they axed him.

Huh, if he was playing for East he'd have got a slap on the wrist for that

Apparently played pretty well at 5/8th in the QLD cup last year. I know it's a big step up to the NRL but if he's any good in that position his utility value will probably earn him a bench spot.

He had a few dodgy games for us. But then started to come good. I can see him having some good utility impact hopefully in the mould of LeStrange

Dan link said:
He had a few dodgy games for us. But then started to come good. I can see him having some good utility impact hopefully in the mould of LeStrange

Yes exactly Dan.  He'd be good value coming on in the second half to spark the team in a similar role to LeStrange.  With tiring oposition forwards he could be very handy.  And he'd also be a good back up in the halfs in case someone get injured.

I think he'll see more game time this year.  Ballin was definitely losing his effectiveness as the season wore on.  I was suprised Des dumped him so early last year.  I thought he was one of our best in the loss to the Dragons as well, I wonder if that made much of an impact when they decided to keep him on for this year.  Wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the backrow at times as well.

Masked Eagle link said:
I think he'll see more game time this year.  Ballin was definitely losing his effectiveness as the season wore on.  I was suprised Des dumped him so early last year.  I thought he was one of our best in the loss to the Dragons as well, I wonder if that made much of an impact when they decided to keep him on for this year.  Wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the backrow at times as well.

I agree in the last game against the dragons he certainly stood out.

Seu Seu in my opinion was the best attacking player in Qld cup.
He beat defence out wide (centres) with pace on a regular basis.
I know first grade is a step up but I expect that he will surprise a lot of teams if he can get a bit of ball wide of the ruck where he did all the damage in Qld cup.
This is a bit of a problem though as Des sees him as a hooker rather than 5/8 and rightly so as there are a few blokes ahead of him for 5/8.
However if Des can use him to relieve Balin at dummy half but position himself wide for just one or two tackles late in the game (someone else go to dummy half on these plays), it might work as a surprise tactic that would open up a tired defence. Just a thought!
Seu Seu has the ability it is just a matter of Des working out how to use him to maximum effect.

He scored one of the best tries I have ever seen last year against Burliegh.Made a break from his own 10,raced to halfway and then kicked across field on the run to the winger who caught it on the full to score under the sticks.

We desperatley need someone with some spark for 20 to 30 minutes to relieve Ballin.Matty is great but lacks that X factor in terms of creativity.Whether Seu Seu can succeed in a role like this may go a long way to determine our title hopes in my opinion.

I think he is a must to start the year.My bench would be Seu Seu,Buerher,Gnuluvua,Rose

Maybe short a prop if Porky cant play for longer periods(although Gnuluvua is a hard worker and could fill the role,he was good when given a chance last year).If that is the case Cunningham for Buhrer.

north coast eagle link said:
Seu Seu in my opinion was the best attacking player in Qld cup.
He beat defence out wide (centres) with pace on a regular basis.
I know first grade is a step up but I expect that he will surprise a lot of teams if he can get a bit of ball wide of the ruck where he did all the damage in Qld cup.
This is a bit of a problem though as Des sees him as a hooker rather than 5/8 and rightly so as there are a few blokes ahead of him for 5/8.
However if Des can use him to relieve Balin at dummy half but position himself wide for just one or two tackles late in the game (someone else go to dummy half on these plays), it might work as a surprise tactic that would open up a tired defence. Just a thought!
Seu Seu has the ability it is just a matter of Des working out how to use him to maximum effect.

I agree. I watched 4 games live and he outplayed Cherry-Evans.It was no contest.

But if you read what was written the next day in the paper, it was the opposite.

He will be very handy around the ruck late in each half,as stated much like Stranger.All these young halves(Forans,DCE,Seu Seu) could either be diamonds or dog s#*t.I'm thinking diamonds and can't wait to watch our future stars this year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6