Seymour stood down

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just heard on the news that Brett Seymour has been stood down from all NRL commitments until further notice, did not say if it was the NRL or the Sharks that made the decision though.

It was reported earlier I think that the Sharks stood him down until the investigation is over

yep, they will stand him down for one week so that the nrl dont fine them 100K and a few more weeks ontop

smart move by the sharks

Rorters on the other hand have politis who signs gallops pay check, they have nothing to worry about

Sharks CEO Tony Zattia was in between a rock and a hard place when this incident came up after his comments supporting the NRL's stand on Snake.
The Cronulla board interviewed Seymour who openly admitted to being sh*tfaced. With his track record they had no choice. He is suspended indefinitely and he may have his contract torn up.

Kudos to Cronulla in a way, for being proactive. However I suspect that Seymour was on a final warning anyway, he has some form on the board. Would have been interesting to see what stance they would have taken had it been someone like Barrett or Tupou.

Anyway as Fluffy has rightly pointed out, it's just one way of avoiding a fine and a 4 week suspension. Stand him down for one game and Gallop will rubber stamp your drunken buffoonery.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6