Sharks could be forced to move

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
NRL has the ability to take away a licence from a team - cause and effect of teams not owning there own logo etc I've previous discussed problems with this(as far as I know Newtown are the only team in grade football that own there own logo).

And at the moment the Sharks could be facing it.

It's not only that but under ASADA rules teams aren't allowed to play if more then 4 atheletes are busted

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/cronulla-sharks-forced-to-relocate-to-central-or-southern-queensland/story-e6frf3ou-1226726458386#.UkGYNH_ID0c

My solution to this :
NRL buys the CC Mariners.
Move the Sharks up to the CC and they become the CCMFC - Central Coast Mariners Football Club.
Playing in Sky Blue and Gold ( CCRL rep colours - therefore the area takes ownership of it)
The Mariners play both in the NRL and A league and also the Asian Cup (soccer).
Knocking out the need for a Central Coast team.
Okay for those that say no Mariners are a bad idea, Barcelona and several other football clubs in Europe (Soccer) are sports clubs as opposed to strictly Soccer clubs. So same concept making them a club that plays 12mths of the year as opposed to 7.
Now what to do with Qld bring them in next expansion time along with WA.

How about no ant. Look who the BS is written by. Bourbon Becky

How about we leave the sharks and their empty trophy cabinet in the shire. Haven't their fans been through enough.

The central coast can go to hell. Along with their bears they did their level best to kill us in 2002 by boycotting our games at bluetounge sadly it backfired and the NRL let us shift the last 3 games scheduled to be played there back to Brookie.

NRL need another QLD Team for TV scheduling purposes by Nein :mad:

It will happen much sooner than the Central Coast IMO.

You guys get up too early!

The sharks can't go too far north... because that would mean @Bones has to travel too far to make his 'where's the trophy cabinet' jokes!!!

Won't someone think of the bones!!!!????

eagles2win said:
My solution to this :
NRL buys the CC Mariners.
Move the Sharks up to the CC and they become the CCMFC - Central Coast Mariners Football Club.
Playing in Sky Blue and Gold ( CCRL rep colours - therefore the area takes ownership of it)
The Mariners play both in the NRL and A league and also the Asian Cup (soccer).
Knocking out the need for a Central Coast team.
Okay for those that say no Mariners are a bad idea, Barcelona and several other football clubs in Europe (Soccer) are sports clubs as opposed to strictly Soccer clubs. So same concept making them a club that plays 12mths of the year as opposed to 7.
Now what to do with Qld bring them in next expansion time along with WA.

It's the norm in Europe. Barce have had a union team for 90 years and even a league team for 5 years. My local football team in Oslo have basketball ice hockey athletics cricket gridiron etc. like the jets/knights set up, streamlines admin, reduces cost, capture an instant fan base etc. many positives..

Bourbon Becky strikes again, sheez, she is getting way ahead of herself.

Lets see what happens first with the ASADA soap opera first.

I am soooo sick of hearing how poor little Queensland needs more teams ect. Like it or not, Sydney is the core of the competition and I hope the NRL does what it is supposed to do and look after the clubs.

If I were a sharks fan I would be concerned about this so called solution, after living through 3 years of Northern Eagles and how hollow that felt, I would not like to see another club go through that.

'Push it up Uranus' sign?

Melbourne did more to tarnish the game with the salary cap rort imo than whats happened at Cronulla

Was there talk of taking Melbournes license away and moving them to Qld at the time? I forget.

Why believe anything that tabloid pushed up? It is so absurd a concept it should never have been printed. No area is going to embrace a relocated Sydney club, let alone one that has a drug taint (and at the moment the Sharks have been found guilty of nothing).

To suggest that an Essendon sized punishment will fall on the Sharks is nonsense. Essendon were at it all of the 2012 season and into 2013 with their science. They were found out in 2013 and punished in 2013. The Sharks period is from 11 weeks in 2011 & there is doubt how much the club itself was involved in running it, unlike Essendon. If the Sharks club is found guilty of anything the punishment won't be anything like Essendon's.

The Sharks and every other Sydney club won't be relocating anywhere.

What would they do with Shark Park? don't they own it outright? stupid suggestion. Move the bulldogs to Blackall in central QLD would be much better of an idea.

There is an empty telephone box outside north Sydney oval they can use for supporter meetings

What would make sense is Sharks merging with the Illawarra St George Dragons & using Shark Park as their home ground. They could get government and investor money to turn it into an indoor 30K seat stadium.

If they are going to get rid of any Sydney team the bulldogs should be first to go. That club is a blight on the game. The thing is if they ever cracked down on poke gambling the bulldogs would be in real trouble as that club is propped up on poker machine cash

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6