Sharks in big financial trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
According to the daily telegraph the sharks are in a lot of financial trouble. They have had to borrow $500,000 pay for players and staff over the xmas period. Barry Pierce has said it will ensure they survive for the short term but some hard calls will have to be made to keep the club going, including cutting junior teams, staff cuts and player salary cuts.

Could we get the Central Coast Sharks ? is the money still on offer to relocate ?

We wont be there bailing them out of trouble like we did last time

Yeah does someone know about what happened 15 years ago?  I read that bit in the news...insolvency or something.

This makes the 900k per year new sponsor of ours look even better!

I think in the late 1980s or early 1990s we loaned them $250K or thereabouts which has never been paid back

Don't worry they are a New Ltd "love child" so they'll be safe.

But yes I imagine the money to relocate to Gosford would still be available, so maybe we could get the "Central Coast Sharks"....may  not be a bad thing really!!!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I say we just show them the back door and don't bother with sending them up the coast. No one on the cennie coast wants a team that can't win

eggson link said:
Yeah does someone know about what happened 15 years ago?  I read that bit in the news...insolvency or something.

This makes the 900k per year new sponsor of ours look even better!

Hmmm, I will wait for our sponsor to be announced first...

They could start having paid tours of their trophy room to raise some money. 

Oh that's right they don't have a trophy room.   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tookey link said:
They could start having paid tours of their trophy room to raise some money. 

Oh that's right they don't have a trophy room.   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now that's just a ridiculous statement, I clearly them winning the Endeavour Cup back in the 70's or 80's. It was a competition for the teams that didn't make the top 5!

I can not laugh at them.  Remember when we nearly went bust?  Was not a nice feeling.  I feel for the fans. 

I guess seeing them dropped from the competition would mean that we have no more benchmarks for mediocrity and failure

If you are a RUGBY LEAGUE fan, why would you want any Rugby League team going bust?

I want all teams thriving to have a better NRL.

Actually I would hate to see them go down drain - that turns 4 easy points per year for us into something we have to fight for.

Pete  - you are showing your age now but did they actually get a trophy for that comp??

The Wheel link said:
Actually I would hate to see them go down drain - that turns 4 easy points per year for us into something we have to fight for.

Pete  - you are showing your age now but did they actually get a trophy for that comp??

10-16

I do not want to see them go bust however Sydney does have too many teams.  Relocation is the answer and I would rather teams relocate before us.

Garts link said:
I can not laugh at them.  Remember when we nearly went bust?  Was not a nice feeling.  I feel for the fans. 
  These "fans" wave their arms in the air and get excited when Luke Covell lines up a kick at goal.  they are not people, they are aliens. 

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4