Sharks new sponsors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll be honest this game worried me. I thought Gallen, Lewis and Carney all back, with Choc out for us and DCE either out or on 1 leg, and we could be in trouble.

I expected the Sharks to just get down and dirty and make it into a war of attrition, but that's a bit hard when they don't complete sets or put pressure on us.

Plus then all you do is run at their right hand defence. Foran, Skivvy and Snake were all seen at various times laughing and smiling....and why would you not? Tonight was nothing more than a chance for them to do some game drills down the left hand side.

Paul Gallen said that Feki's no-try in the first half was an embarrassing decision (maybe he was right, but I still think he received a forward pass so justice prevailed). Personally I thought the Sharks defence was even more embarrassing than that though. We hardly seemed to get into top gear and still put 26 on them while bombing at least two tries.

Brandy and Warren Smith both said in the post-game that it was like a training run for us out there. They were right.

Gallan did say after the game on 2GB, that their troubles go beyond the disallowed tries.
This was good to hear as it would've given the commentators more ammunition against Manly.

How funny is it to see "long chin Gasnier" come up with a reason to tip against us every game. I seem to remember he even tipped Canberra to beat us.

Perhaps he is still dirty on Matai belting him years ago.

TWO DOGS said:
How funny is it to see "long chin Gasnier" come up with a reason to tip against us every game. I seem to remember he even tipped Canberra to beat us.

Perhaps he is still dirty on Matai belting him years ago.

I think it's more a dislike of Matai than Manly. I have no idea why though. :D

NRL club Cronulla has finally attracted a major sponsor - ironically, it seems, as a direct result of their woes on and off the field.

Labour Health, whose services include conducting drug and alcohol testing in workplaces throughout Australia, has reportedly committed to paying a six-figure sum to feature on the front of the Sharks' jersey for the remaining 10 weeks of the season and possibly next year.

nrl.com

http://www.nrl.com/sharks-finally-sign-major-sponsor/tabid/10874/newsid/79931/default.aspx

Wow how ironic is that!?

I saw the piece on the Footy Show about this.
I didn't pick up the actual detail of this new sponsor.

If it wasn't true you'd swear it was April Fool's Day, fair dinkum.

Maybe they see it as a statement moving forward, but the ASADA fallout is yet to be fully seen. And it's extremely brave for ANY sponsor to get on board the Sharkies' ''ship of fools'' right now.

As marketer I like it - good way to get bang for your buck (for a relativly minimal spend)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2