Sharks popping their Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
The Sharks’ massive $1 million offer to Daly Cherry-Evans won’t be enough.

I’m hearing the bidding for DCE will start at a massive $1.25 million.

With the salary cap on the rise and DCE’s stocks soaring by the day, his management believes his value for 2016 could go as high as $1.5 million.

The classy halfback is interested in playing for the Sharks alongside his best mate Ben Barba - if the Sharks can increase their offer.

Cherry-Evans would be a superb signing for the Sharks and combine brilliantly with Barba.

Also in the Sharks’ favour is the fact that coach Shane Flanagan is close to the superstar’s manager, Gavin Orr.

But at least half a dozen other clubs, headed by Parramatta, are also certain to chase the star halfback.

And Manly, with a new management team running the club, are by no means out of the running.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---friday/2tysr78apfiyzc6mcr4glei5

Sorry but not worth $1.5m Bye bye Cherry.

10 Reasons Daly Cherry-Evans should accept Cronulla's massive offer

1. He won't have to see or talk to Brett Stewart

2. He won't have to see or talk to Steve Matai

3. Paul Gallen just loves Queenslanders

4. He'll be reunited with his best mate, Ben Barba

5. Anything above 14th will be considered a successful year at Cronulla

6. Remondis Stadium has working toilets, unlike Brookie

7. Shane Flanagan isn't volatile...well, compared to Tooves

8. He can be part of Cronulla's first-ever premiership-winning team....mmmm

9. The Sharks have a Chinese restaurant at their ground. Manly has cold pies.

10. He gets to play inside Blake Ayshford

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-final-rev-up---summer-edition/16jo7ay4yqwl5zlfxhzf0w1sy

I don't understand the "combine brilliantly with Barba" rubbish. The lustre is off Barba. His Dally M season is ancient history as far as league goes. His RECENT history is being run out of two clubs and generally playing terrible and putting team mates off side.

I'd personally be surprised if he doesn't develop a "gambling problem" again before the end of the season.

Barba + the Shire + his ego + earning even more money + never owning up or admitting responsibility to his initial "indiscretions" = bad juju

Don't look now, as Cherry's manager will up it to $3 Million for half a season due to inflation. Don't you love how those managers talk it up?

I don't think I have ever heard a more ridiculous reason for a player to move clubs than "his manager is close to the coach" - I note Orr's clients often get lots of talking up in the press during contract times - lots of misinformation, ridiculous figures bandied about.

tookey said:

With the salary cap on the rise and DCE’s stocks soaring by the day, his management believes his value for 2016 could go as high as $1.5 million.

The classy halfback is interested in playing for the Sharks alongside his best mate Ben Barba - if the Sharks can increase their offer.

Cherry-Evans would be a superb signing for the Sharks and combine brilliantly with Barba.

Also in the Sharks’ favour is the fact that coach Shane Flanagan is close to the superstar’s manager, Gavin Orr.

But at least half a dozen other clubs, headed by Parramatta, are also certain to chase the star halfback.

And Manly, with a new management team running the club, are by no means out of the running.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---friday/2tysr78apfiyzc6mcr4glei5

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-final-rev-up---summer-edition/16jo7ay4yqwl5zlfxhzf0w1sy

Training / Matchday only a 2-hour drive - each way.

Bandit said:
tookey said:

*No CEO or Board to get in the way

*No pesky regulation of diet / supplements / injections

*ET has agreed to keep away from WAGs

Bandit said:

I could have sold him my place except sold it last week. Only 10 minutes drive away. Living in the Shire is a plus, playing for the Sharkies, well, you need a good sense of humour and low expectations.

Point 7 above - too busy pushing drugs to be volatile

Does DCEs manager understand the difference between the salary cap increasing and the salary cap being scrapped. To pay one player $1.5m under the cap and be able to afford enough other good players in the team would be a challenge to all clubs

Gee it's getting old hearing DCE is worth this and that...... Personally I don't think he's worth a million, I don't think either him or foran are worth that sort of coin.........players who demand that sort of coin , can take control of games and dominate. Thurston is a prime example....and we shouldn't be dishing out massive money a hope one day they may be greats of the game.

This cannot possibly be right. Maybe there actually isn't as much interest as Orr thought and he is clutching at straws. It sounds to me like a desperate ploy to extract cash out of Manly.

If you think about it, the clubs who are in the market for $1m+ players must be pretty slim pickings.

I'd call their bluff. Offer him $850k/yr for 5 years and give him a deadline to sign.

$850k/year, living, training and raising his kids on the northern beaches where his wife grew up and playing in a successful team is an offer I would take if I were him, even if somebody else offered $1m/year.

If that isn't enough then we need to move on sooner rather than later.

MadMarcus said:
This cannot possibly be right. Maybe there actually isn't as much interest as Orr thought and he is clutching at straws. It sounds to me like a desperate ploy to extract cash out of Manly.

If you think about it, the clubs who are in the market for $1m+ players must be pretty slim pickings.

I'd call their bluff. Offer him $850k/yr for 5 years and give him a deadline to sign.

$850k/year, living, training and raising his kids on the northern beaches where his wife grew up and playing in a successful team is an offer I would take if I were him, even if somebody else offered $1m/year.

If that isn't enough then we need to move on sooner rather than later.

Even 850k is an insane amount of money. I can't believe the money these guys get for being athletic. DCE seems like a reasonably intelligent guy, but some of these players are absolute drop kicks, and they're cashing in big time. Oh well good luck to em!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6