Shaun "Exit" Lane mega thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
could prove to be a great signing if he kicks on or a pretty average on.

Kid has potential, that is for sure which is a good thing

Could turn out a great signing had some good wraps on him when at the dogs even mentioned as a origin player
http://www.kiis1011.com.au/newsroom/bulldogs-pup-promises-big-future

Hasn't fired at the Warriors but that could have just been not adapting to living away from home being just a young man and dealing with all the wraps one gets in the papers and then getting swapped out of the dogs
Back home in oz a new chance we might just get the best out of this guy
Welcome to the Maroon & White Shaun

@Turbo lets see a team list mate. We got a lotta forwards that are green and not all rookies make the jump and succeed in grade that's my only worry.

Great buy looks like the club has an idea what it is doing with Green, Cullen and now Lane than their is Uate! Lol they are trying. This could be a massive buy one of the biggest we have ever signed certainly heaps of potential, although could be another James Hasson.

O.k. I must admit I am a bit on edge from having forced time away from Silvertails and as a result may not be thinking 100% clearly.

But seriously Lane is an ordinary signing and he is reserve grade standard at present. He was o.k. at the dogs in 2015. Anyway hope he smashes it and I would be very happy to be proven wrong, although unlikely.

Come on Manly......we can do better!!

Lane is a big boy alright. 6'6" (198 cm) and 115 kg. That's 4 cm taller and 1 kg heavier than Spud Carroll was in his playing days. Of course, whether he measures up to someone like Spud is another matter.

He was a Souffs junior with the South Eastern Seagulls before signing with the Dogs in 2012 and played 14 games in 2015 (scoring 5 tries) before moving to the Warriors this year. He's only played 1 NRL game in 2016, a 26-10 win over St Merge at Mt Smart in round 9.

• 📚
Reactions: R3
Really ? link ??
UATE CLOSE TO MOVE

Newcastle are on the verge of striking a release for winger Akuila Uate to join Manly.

The finer details of the release are still being ironed out with the Sea Eagles offering up the services of Brenton Lawrence as a sweetener to get Uate to Brookvale next season.

Lawrence has signed on with the Sea Eagles for another season after activating an option in his favour for 2017 but the Knights are unlikely to engage in a player swap.

Instead, the clubs are working on a payment plan which will see Trent Barrett’s team chip in a handsome chunk of Uate’s almost $500,000-a-season salary.

Something is not right about this kid because I remember there being massive wraps on him at the Dogs and he played a blinder at Belmore and next thing Des dropped him and booted him out of the club...then he went to Warriors and they don't want him either?!

Good prospects are kept and if they do leave it's because someone has wrestled hard for them.

I really like the Lane signing. Great signing for our squad. I just wonder how we will use him. Prop or back row. Some times it dosent matter. But I can see our back row getting too big and immobile at a time when the game is going the opposite way

I'm just not a fan of Jake at lock. That has to be Buhrer. I Love Kapow in the second row one tank with room to move is fine, and he is pretty mobile for such a big bloke.

We do need that medium sized mobile pocket rocket, Gillette, Cordiner body shape and we might be looking alright.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8