Short Memory

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I've just been browsing through a book called A Short History Of Rugby League in Australia by a bloke called Will Evans. According to our Will the most memorable game played in 2008 was, you guessed, it everybodys favourite memory of 2008.........the round 11 game between West Tigers and the Gold Coast.....I know it was a real highlight for me...

You remember, that's the game Where Benji Marshall threw that pass and Scott Prince kicked that kick.

About the Author

Will Evans was born in Southport Queensland in 1981. He was brought up in Tutukaka and Queenstown in New Zealand, where his obsession with Rugby League began. Currently residing in Brisbane, Will writes for Rugby League Review and several other websites and online publications. A Short History of Rugby League in Australia is his first book.

In other words... He is a typical Manly hating QLDer.

bones said:
About the Author

Will Evans was born in Southport Queensland in 1981. He was brought up in Tutukaka and Queenstown in New Zealand, where his obsession with Rugby League began. Currently residing in Brisbane, Will writes for Rugby League Review and several other websites and online publications. A Short History of Rugby League in Australia is his first book.

In other words... He is a typical Manly hating QLDer.
Well, that explains his best match of 2011 Broncos vs Warriors round 22. Thank goodness it's only a library book, I'd be pissed off if I'd payed for it. Hopefully it's his last book.

It was memorable because the Tigers "moved the ball".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2008-05-25/wests-tigers-move-the-ball-in-front-of-the/2444342

There were also a number of kicks downfield on the 5th tackle if I recall correctly.

One of the great games.

That game mentioned was an absolute ripper, played at Leichhardt and went down to the wire. Was easily the game of the year at that time of the season. Preston Campbell was on fire and Marshall as well, pretty sure it was the match where Prince said to the ref something like its not fair your sim binning our smart hooker and their dumb prop

Don't be like that mate - the Manly chapter is longest club chapter in the book! I grew up in NZ, and the Sea Eagles were massively popular there during the early-90s - I had the old P&O jumper. The reason club games were selected for the Memorable Match sections (and the Tigers v Titans and Broncos v Warriors games were classics) is because the Grand Finals and finals matches from Manly's '08 and '11 premiership years are covered extensively in other chapters. Give it another go - there's no anti-Manly bias in there champ.

WillEvansRL said:
Don't be like that mate - the Manly chapter is longest club chapter in the book! I grew up in NZ, and the Sea Eagles were massively popular there during the early-90s - I had the old P&O jumper. The reason club games were selected for the Memorable Match sections (and the Tigers v Titans and Broncos v Warriors games were classics) is because the Grand Finals and finals matches from Manly's '08 and '11 premiership years are covered extensively in other chapters. Give it another go - there's no anti-Manly bias in there champ.

Lol

Do you like the rugby league almanac will? Good read too. Personally I love reading about league.

I google myself every day, sometimes just to find out what I did the night before, will Evans welcome to the future like a Brent kite don't argue to mick Crocker. the real 08 game of the year, one we lost on paper but destroyed the opposition in the head.

Ditto game of the year 2011 iff you get the chance.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6