Should any MWSE Players be considered for SOO ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
DCE could well be the only Manly player to play SOO this year.
Just maybe Brenton Lawrence.

Obviously NOT the Stewarts, they would clearly be risking season ending injury to hamstrings, knees. Maybe Choc is too old, but think the club needs him more than NSW. JT and ex SOO rep Wolfy are either out of form or will be underdone. Lyon has re-affirmed his Origin retirement.

How do we feel about this ?

RE: Should any MWSE Players should be considered for SOO ?

DCE is a QLDer as is Lawrence.
Choc is a certainty and I think Taufua will go close if he gets some game time soon.

Choc needs to save his strength for the finals.

NSW can not win this year, so why risk injury and fatigue?

Gifty and Taufua won't be considered. NSW needs props more than anything.

DCE will be there, especially if something happens to JT. Love to see BJ rewarded, maybe Hannet will drop out and he gets a go :)

Yeah Cherry will def be in the QLD squad.
Depends a lot on form and injuries, but I don't think Daley will pick Brett or Glenn, Choc or Horhay...which suits me fine!
Even Brenton L would do a job in Origin, but as said, he's a QLD'er apparently and they have their standard favourites in the forwards.

It might be selfish and you always want players acknowledged for their ability and ambitions,
but the fewer Eagles picked the better for
Manly's title tilt.

I personally think DCE is the only certainty.

Snake is no chance, I think for Origin his time has gone, with Dugan, Hayne, and possibly even Tedesco (Is he a blue??), and I'm one who loves our guys playing Origin, but not Snake, it's just a bridge too far injury wise.

Choc and Glenn are maybes, the biggest drawback is that NSW has a wealth of backrowers (and not a lot of front rowers). So again I think 1 will play, and that will be Choc.

Taufau wont, out too long before the 1st one.

And I think Lawrence will be spoken about but wont make the 18.

Mabye Choc for NSW.

I dont see them picking Gift. BJ faces alot of competition, might get a bench spot.

DCE is the one who will most likely be picked as a utility, or if cronk is out.

Wow surprised people are selling low on Choc. He is constantly NSW best impact forward and I remember Loz saying that he is always one of the first picked for the team. He is 100% playing SOO again this year.

Regardless of age I'd still pick Choc. He always goes well for the blues.
I know it's going to happen but I hate the thought of Cherry spending all those weeks in camp surrounded by brown paper bag holding Queenslanders, donkeys in particular.

Choc,to borrow a phrase from NSW most successful SOO coach "He is just made for Origin, it doesn't matter what his club form is like, he is an Origin player"

Glenn, as above.

Snake, if he's fit he is the best #1 in the country, just look at his form in the opening half v The Storm.

niccipops said:
Regardless of age I'd still pick Choc. He always goes well for the blues.
I know it's going to happen but I hate the thought of Cherry spending all those weeks in camp surrounded by brown paper bag holding Queenslanders, donkeys in particular.

Yeah I do too, it makes you wonder if they try sweet talk him up north.

That being said the expierence he gets in the maroons camp is golden. From what i here cronk has been coaching him.

Love or hate cronk, that is good for DCE. Now as long as we keep him, all good.

The saving grace during Origin is that when DCE is on Qld duty Foz can step in and play halfback with Killer at 5/8. And if Snake and Jorge are back by then Hiku or Blair can play centre.

BJ is likely to get a bench spot for Qld at best, if at all. I can't see Gifty or Snake being selected. NSW have a number of back row options, while Snake's injuries and time on the sidelines probably put him behind Hayne, Duggan and Tedesco. Our wingers won't be selected. Brett Morris has one NSW spot pretty much to himself, and if he isn't FB or out injured then Hayne will most likely be on the other wing.

Unless Cam Smith and/or Jake Friend are out injured I can't see us losing Matty Ballin either.

Choc might be the only NSW Origin player we have this year. And that might be as an impact player from the bench.

MWSE said:
Wow surprised people are selling low on Choc. He is constantly NSW best impact forward and I remember Loz saying that he is always one of the first picked for the team. He is 100% playing SOO again this year.

I'm not doubting at least half-a-dozen of our guys could be picked...I'm just hoping they're not...lol! Of course Choc, Snake, Cherry, BJ etc etc are good enough -- and seriously if any are picked and want to play...sweet -- I was just thinking selfishly about US.

Not sure what logic they are thinking over at the NRL website.

In sad news for Blues fans, Manly genius Kieran Foran still hasn't changed his mind about that whole Kiwi thing.
http://nrl.com/monday-smelling-salts/tabid/10874/newsid/77249/default.aspx

How does he change his mind? He is a Kiwi and can't now change to Australia and Origin.

Brissie Kid said:
Not sure what logic they are thinking over at the NRL website.
In sad news for Blues fans, Manly genius Kieran Foran still hasn't changed his mind about that whole Kiwi thing.
http://nrl.com/monday-smelling-salts/tabid/10874/newsid/77249/default.aspx
How does he change his mind? He is a Kiwi and can't now change to Australia and Origin.
that's never stopped Mal M. :D

I hope none get picked , pfft what's the point Queensland will win again 2-1 and if they don't our boys will be fresh for the games that actually count.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2