Should I buy a dog?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
so when we left Australia we left our two furr babies behind we just didn't think it fair to drag them across the world and make them live in quarantine for so long then live I am apartment, with my crazy gravel schedule.

Now two years on and a additional real baby I'm being nagged my by my wife and daughter for a dog.
Plus my son loves animals and tried to cuddle any dog he sees.

I have an allergy to dogs so my eyes will itch and I will sneeze but the family will be so so pleased.

Personally because of allergies I will deal with like a labradoodle or some ****.
My wife though, she wants a French bulldog I'll handle that they are good dudes, that or a full English bulldog

But my Silvertails friends, given my wife works 4 days a week and I travel at least two days a week sometimes spanning weekends!

I want you help on this decision! Does the Hewes clan need a dog?

If you get a dog, get a rescue dog. Puppy mill owners should be shot on sight.

However the fact you are allergic, plus you and your wifey are busy, plus kids won't look after it no matter what they promise, sounds like you shouldn't get one at this time if the commitment can't be there.

However, however....sounds like you're going to get a dog. Mine is sleeping by the fireplace as we speak.

I'm an avid animal fan of all descriptions ('cept snakes...spawn of the devil!).
If you're in an apartment and you've got an allergy, I think you'd be better off looking at a bird. Not necessarily caged ...well some of the time obviously (hate cages!)

Here's a lovely cockatoo called Pebbles....just don't forget her Valium medication.....

You absolutely should Dan. Dogs bring so much love to a family. They're great for teaching kids a bit of responsibility and they never judge. Ignore the stuff about you being busy, just make sure someone takes him/her to the local dog park at least once a day - you'll make friends here too. The rest of the time dogs sleep quite happily. Worst case, get a dogwalker- this is what I've done for the last decade so I do know what I'm talking about. And great dogs for allergies are any of the oodles - labradoodle, schnoodle, groodle, cavoodle are all brilliant. Say YES to the dog!!!!

I agree dogs should be outside, but you can get a fluffy yap yap and do what many do " treat it like a ****ing human being".

Dogs are meant to run, I had dogs ( working dogs ) as a kid on the family farm, they were as happy as.

I'm on the no side , but to each their own.

I agree dogs should be outside, but you can get a fluffy yap yap and do what many do " treat it like a ****ing human being".

Dogs are meant to run, I had dogs ( working dogs ) as a kid on the family farm, they were as happy as.

I'm on the no side , but to each their own.

My dog's reaction to your suggestion about running!

1) wtf??
ETa4CPR.jpg

2) Meh
UDO1H0I.jpg

Not really a dog person but all I can say is my kids and wife love the dog to bits. My 5 year old is so happy when he plays with her and sits with her, it's worth having the mut just to see that.

My only advice is don't get one that you'll be embarrassed to be seen walking in public. So no small fluffy piece of **** looking breeds

I am not a fan of big dogs so when we got dogs we got chihuahuas. Frenchies are bit of the dog du jour. All I can recommend is whatever you get, get it from a reputable breeder and have proof of the bloodlines.

If you're not locked into a dog, maybe look at getting a ragdoll cat. Great with kids, not a lot of work, hairy but don't shed too much, love it indoors.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4