should meninga be sacked?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
If Andrew Fifita had written a letter in support of a killer – like Mal Meninga did – he may be playing for Australia.

Moreover, almost a quarter of a century ago Bevan Meninga, the brother of Australia's coach Mal Meninga – the coach of the very team Fifita has been purposely not selected in – was jailed for life. Imprisoned after being convicted of the murder, in 1991, of 19-year-old Cheree Richardson. Bevan Meninga bashed Richardson to death, with a tree branch. Her battered, barely recognisable body was later discovered in a park.

As is so often the case, "life" doesn't mean LIFE. In 2012, Bevan Meninga became eligible for parole (he was released in 2014, but returned to custody earlier this year). In support of his brother's application, Mal Meninga wrote a letter to the Queensland Parole Board, part of which reads as follows:

link below:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...be-playing-for-australia-20161006-grwcac.html

Above in an exert from the article, its an interesting read which toddy greenturd would have liked to have been long forgotten, and he will probably dodge any questions regarding it.

That story is disgraceful.Two different situations.Mal wrote his letter to the Qld parole board with no intention of it being public.
you could argue that by only writing three letters on his wrist was a personal message between 2 people and the meaning was only discovered when the media got wind of his association with the idiot in jail

for the record i think he is a moron for supporting this bloke the way he did.
at least they selected some decent sensible blokes in the team, like blake ferguson

you could argue that by only writing three letters on his wrist was a personal message between 2 people and the meaning was only discovered when the media got wind of his association with the idiot in jail

for the record i think he is a moron for supporting this bloke the way he did.
at least they selected some decent sensible blokes in the team, like blake ferguson
Televised match,it was always going to be seen and Fifita knew it.Much like that other genius Lodge

Mal might sack himself. much like he did with his short lived political career

There is a big difference between Mal Meninga supporting Bevan Meninga to Andrew Fifita supporting a mate. Mal's support for his brother was a private thing. Fifita has thrown his support for his mate in everyone's face.

And for my money you don't abandon family even if you hate what they did.

Like it or not that is how I feel. Friends may come and go in your life, but your family is forever.

Last edited:
The great Mal Meninga...........hypocrite supreme! Isn't this the bloke who during the Super League War infamously cried out "what has rugby league ever done for me" when questioned about his decision to side with the Ribot clan?? Never liked him as a player & even more so as coach of Australia. Oh really Mal......rugby league has never done anything for you!

Televised match,it was always going to be seen and Fifita knew it.Much like that other genius Lodge
so every time you see the three letters FKL it only has one meaning?
i'm not trying to defend the bloke, but i wonder how many people would have immediately recognised it as what it was if the media didn't say anything.
since you seem to be so good at it next year you could start a thread and inform us of all the messages written on each players wrist as you seem to know exactly what they stand for.
all I'm trying to get across is that if the media didn't promote this story no-one would have known about it except a few select people(unless fifita decided to prove how stupid he is by telling others about it) & it would have saved thomas kelly's family a bit of un-necessary greif

Last edited:
so every time you see the three letters FKL it only has one meaning?
i'm not trying to defend the bloke, but i wonder how many people would have immediately recognised it as what it was if the media didn't say anything.
since you seem to be so good at it next year you could start a thread and inform us of all the messages written on each players wrist as you seem to know exactly what they stand for.
all I'm trying to get across is that if the media didn't promote this story no-one would have known about it except a few select people(unless fifita decided to prove how stupid he is by telling others about it) & it would have saved thomas kelly's family a bit of un-necessary greif
I'm pretty sure the only people that it mattered to was the Kelly family and THAT is the whole point.

I'm pretty sure the only people that it mattered to was the Kelly family and THAT is the whole point.
i get that but my point is without the media sensationalising it to sell papers how the f@#k would others know it was there,or if that is what it stood for(unless they watch every game that close-because i don't pay that much attention to the writing on their wrists)unless it was pointed out to them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6