Should never have allowed them back in the comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The pommy burgess brothers
Dive GI dive
Marios twitter
SMH rant obout vioplence
We only have ourselves to blame
My only comment ever on the Rabbitts is
WE SHOULD NEVER ALLOWED THEM BACK IN THE COMP-
SHOULD HAVE BEEN GONE FOR GOOD
Gone extinct-never ever to hear another sob story about the least successful side in the modern era
Bring back mixi

Disagree. Souths belong in the NRL. But in a merger with Easts for an inner Sydney side. You don't have to like them at the moment or ever, but they are good for Rugby League. But they are a very favoured side by the NRL, referees and Channel 9.

eagleE said:
Disagree. Souths belong in the NRL. But in a merger with Easts for an inner Sydney side. You don't have to like them at the moment or ever, but they are good for Rugby League. But they are a very favoured side by the NRL, referees and Channel 9.

Excuse my ignorance , but why are they good for Rugby League ? Is it because they've won nothing in over 40 years , or perhaps because close enough seems to be good enough ?

Probably one of the best supported clubs in the country.

If Manly couldn't win it this year I'd like to see Souths win it.

COMMANDER said:
Probably one of the best supported clubs in the country.

If Manly couldn't win it this year I'd like to see Souths win it.

I felt that way before the last week. Now I want the Roosters to win if Manly don't. That would piss the Bulldogs fans off because SBW would win and it would piss the Souths ferals off because they hate the Roosters.

i disagree... ok they beat us ( so what , we will get them next time ).

i like history and they have been there since 1908 , they are part of the backbone to this game that started long before we became supporters.

They gave people hope in the time of depression , and have a large fan base ( which says something ).Thats why its good for the game.

for the years until now we remember them as the whipping boys easy 2 points , but now times have changed and they finish top 4 and are a threat.

pride , guts and glory ( sattler broken jaw ).. goose bumps when i see that clip.Guys like that helped build the platform for the greats of today.

At the end of the day , im a passionate Manly supporter and wish that my team can win every game they play , but that aint going to happen.

seriously who do you prefer ??? roosters,storm , dogs , knights on roids,broncos etc..

When we became northern eagles how did it feel ??? almost like the bunnies fighting in court... remember the shock when the streets where filled with supporters protesting...thats passion , thats what this games creates..

Have no problem with the bunnies other than the result the other night..

Manly 2013

dceagle said:
eagleE said:

Excuse my ignorance , but why are they good for Rugby League ? Is it because they've won nothing in over 40 years , or perhaps because close enough seems to be good enough ?

I love my League. I really want to see it as by faraway the best sport in this land.
They draw passion from their supporters. They do have the greatest number of memberships supporters. Russell Crowe has bought about good publicity to the sport with travelling superstars attending games. They have a great junior base that could otherwise be lost to Rugby. Can't see soccer or AFL as a threat to taking their juniors. They have a strong history that should not be lost. Even though I think Sydney needs to drop some teams and Rabbitohs and roosters merging. They won't agree but I think the NRLC should force it to promote a team from another region. But that is for another argument. It is not a matter of a winning season, championship or contenders, it is about the publics participation in the greatest game of all.
All in all I think League is stronger to have a Rabbitohs team in some form or another involved.

Kicking the bunnies out was wrong as was the whole super league war. Melbourne Storm are the ones that shouldn't b in the comp. They should not be subsidised. I really don't mind the bunnies. I don't like the hype and favouritism attached to them but they certainly deserve to be in the comp.

Please spare me people feeling sorry for bunnies
Probably collect antique tea spoons
They won a thousand comps when it was played on street corners with 8 teams
How many of the fans remember Ziggy Niscott and Steve marvin-
They either rmember eric simms and recall the 25 mt feild goal in the wet or bid les punching on
The supporters are either pre world war or Bugs bunny yuppies from the hoolywood crow era- I can remember redfern oval wearring manly colours and copping the abuse from the retards
Only good players were
mooney,branigan,Oneil,Roberts,-hope that pisses them off
Anyway-I forgot should not have let them back into the comp

No real issue with the bunnies. Some of their fans may change this though lol. If they were allowed back should Norths been allowed back in?

panash said:
... remember the shock when the streets where filled with supporters protesting...thats passion , thats what this games creates..

I despise the rabbits and their supporters and the media love-in that comes with them, all that crap that "they're good for the game", "their everyone's 2nd favourite team", "you know footy's healthy when Souffs are going well", blah, blah F#$kING blah.

My wife used to work for a promotions company before we were married. She came home one day and told me that she had to march for them, sing their stupid team song like she was a passionate supporter and help whip up "the passion".
I told her that we could do without the money and it was akin to prostitution, I was extremely disappointed that she took the gig ( as that was all it was to her, a bit of a laugh and she knew how much it pissed me off ). Makes you wonder how much of that crowd was hired help and how many were real fans.

I got so sick of seeing those white rabbit stickers on cars that I talked a mate into giving me one, stuck it on the back of my van and put one of those red no smoking type signs over it. It gets plenty of laughs and always prompts the question "Who do you support?" I always reply with
"Manly. I was born a winner". No comeback to that.

The only reason they should be in the comp is because someone has to come last.

It was funny last Friday night, a young kid about 10 was having some friendly banter with a guy near me..."we've won more Grand Finals than any other team" he proclaimed proudly.
The response "Really!, did your dad tell you that?"
I hope that kid doesn't see one.

It's as bad as Saints fans crapping on about 11 in a row, big deal that was nearly 50 years ago.

Rant over.

dowdz said:
No real issue with the bunnies. Some of their fans may change this though lol. If they were allowed back should Norths been allowed back in?

Nah, their losers too. When was it? Didn't they win two in a row back in..the 1930's. The curse of the Bears shall never be lifted.

bones said:
Their fans think they're entitled to win a premiership just because they're Souths.

Most of them weren't even born the last time they won. I've got a 7 year old whose lived through 2 premierships and a 4 year old whose seen 1. LOL@Souffs

Like niccipops said, no reason to have melbourne storm who are a 'hothouse' flower kept alive since day one by superleague strategy money; no tradition, no community roots. But we is stuck with them for the moment.

Rabbits have all of that. I have no great love or even softspot for them (my first gf memories are getting beat by them), they should never have been excluded in the first place.

Souths are cool. They fought super league and won. They rallied when they needed to, and said up yours rupert , all you money doesnt mean anything.

They fought the biggest fight against evil in League history. I have no doubt if they had not set precedents in court, then super league may have brushed more teams by now, with there dis regard for the law

You dont have to love souths but people should admire them. Manly's future would be a lot less stable without the work they did. For all of Manlys on field success i cant see them making the same stand as a club.

George Piggins may have been a little insular but he is a Legend. Surely his deeds for a club surpass any other individual in the history of League

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6