Should this Friday's game have been played in Sydney?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Seems to me we will get a poor crowd this Friday. Lucky to get over 15,000.

Knowing that we must move 2 games away from Brookie, should it have been moved to the SFS?

With it being a Friday night, it gives a better chance for Sea Eagles fans to get to the SFS than it does Gosford. We probably won't get 10,000 Manly fans at Gosford, but at the SFS, we would've got more than 10,000 if free bus travel was provided by the NRL.

Anyway, just my opinion.

As much as I don't like it, Souths fans will turn up so more $$ thru the gate.
They should play the Cowboys & Canberra there but the crowd would be pitiful or make it a Saturday arvo game with the ferry trip and then you'd get better support.

Does the crowd matter on the central coast---- would be a guaranteed amount contract i would think.

Might have a stipulation on which games to play in the contract to get the above guaranteed return limiting the choice to certain games.

Technical Coach said:
Does the crowd matter on the central coast---- would be a guaranteed amount contract i would think.

Might have a stipulation on which games to play in the contract to get the above guaranteed return limiting the choice to certain games.

Yeah, I think it's a guaranteed amount but I think they get a take of the gate too .....more bums = more $$ and we all know Souths fans are bums!

The home ground advantage being given away is ridiculous.
Playing a night game there is even more so :dodgy:

If Manly has to play there it should be against Teams that are non Sydney/Newcastle. That would guarantee home ground advantage. :idea:

I live on the coast and this game will have a bumper crowd Rabbits have a massive following up here. Im old fashioned play home games at Brookie please.

I would suggest the guaranteed $ are dependent on the quality of the game

HappilyManly said:
The home ground advantage being given away is ridiculous.
Playing a night game there is even more so :dodgy:

And playing a FRIDAY night game there is even more so again.

sheridanstand78 said:
Gosford on a Friday night is a dead loss.

I don't know about a dead loss. I'd call Gosford on a Friday night too hard.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6