Shoulder charge - Roosters Napa not charged!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Reports all over Twitter the NRL match review has not charged Roosters player Napa for the incident with James Graham.

The reason hasn't yet been given from what I can see. It looks like shoulder to shoulder contact to me.

At 1m 40 seconds in this.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/dnzjkSxZi8c[/video]

I've seen George Rose twice this year get penalised for a supposed (not) shoulder charge by just standing his ground & the ballcarrier hitting him.

The whole rule is just dumb. The ball carrier can shoulder charge but the defender apparently can't even just stand side-on & let himself get hit.

Looked like shoulder hit to Graham's head to me. Careless high shot for anyone except if you play for the rorters, souths or storm

Napa was not in a Manly Jersey, so is Mr Invisible to the MRC :dodgy:

But good luck to Napa, only wish he hit him harder:p

For the record I don't think shoulder charge should be banned or penalised so long as it doesn't hit the head.

Great shot from Napa. Pure real man's rugby league at its best.

Imagine the up roar had it been Matai. He would be labelled an evil body maiming presence in the game, and would get 10 weeks of course.

Oh well another precedent set, hopefully something to use the next time we get some trumped up charge against one of our players

MissKate said:
Oh well another precedent set, hopefully something to use the next time we get some trumped up charge against one of our players

Yep, so now we know a shoulder charge directly to the head causing concussion isn't a suspension anymore. It's only a penalty.

Has the commission or Daniel Anderson made the game any better this year? Why can't they just admit the knee jerk reaction for the shoulder charge was a mistake. There has been no consistency with it all year. Unless the team is wearing Maroon and White.

It was a shoulder charge that hit James Graham's shoulder. Thats why it was just a penalty and no charges by the match review committee. Had it hit Graham in the head then Napa would have been cited to appear before the judiciary.

bones said:
It was a shoulder charge that hit James Graham's shoulder. Thats why it was just a penalty and no charges by the match review committee. Had it hit Graham in the head then Napa would have been cited to appear before the judiciary.

So in other words, Napa shoulders no blame.

The Who said:
bones said:

So in other words, Napa shoulders no blame.

Nope, inconsistancy otherwise explain Taufua being reported for his hit on Goodnightingale? No Shoulder to head contact, just a good solid hit and typical St George theatrics.

Favoured teams get the rub of the green and refereeing has gotten consistantly worse with each passing week

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, inconsistancy otherwise explain Taufua being reported for his hit on Goodnightingale? No Shoulder to head contact, just a good solid hit and typical St George theatrics.

Favoured teams get the rub of the green and refereeing has gotten consistantly worse with each passing week and seriously clubs should be compiling a montage of all the tackles that have slipped through the cracks to defend their players with.

We are a very hard tackling team, have been for a long time so we always seem to be singled out whether it was a good hit or wrong...

bones said:

Richie Fa'oso was charged without hitting the head of Ashley Harrison (I think). He was concussed by the whiplash effect. So why was this any different, Graham finished up injured, just the same as Harrison did??????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4