Shoulder Charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Honest question... do we even know what it is anymore?

I am guessing Jorge will be charged even though common sense says he shouldn't.

The half time summary showed their winger do an actual shoulder charge on Jorge early in the game. Refs missed it :mad:

Neither Willie nor Jorge step forward, they both brace for impact. That can never be unlearned as its instinctive @:cool:

Someone should rush at Greenturd unexpectedly and see if he rurns sideways to protect his innards @:mad:

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Canberra winger must be charged for his shoulder charge on Jorge, Jorge had no where to go so Ceccin gives them a penalty.

Bloody Greenturd!! You are a blight on our game and destroying the fabric of it.

Toovey got it right in his post game interview, the players and referees have no idea what to do, what a stupid and ill thought change to a rule that was done in reaction to a tackle that was not dealt with by the judiciary.

It was hard to see today that Willie could not play yet Shillington who attempted and succeeded in doing a head butt the previous week did. That is where fans get so pissed off with the clowns running the game because that non suspension has sent out a message that Liverpool kisses are now acceptable.

Greenturd will have is charge sheet out marking down 2 games for Jorge

We see that absolute nothing tackle from Jorge, which will never harm anybody, will miss a week or 2

We also see a dog shot, where our player was held still by 3 players while the hooker flew in at an exposed area of our player with force, that has potential to do a fair bit of damage, just penalized and free to play next week

They are making it a joke

Tooves even said 'ridiculous' referring to Jorge's charge.:D
You're deadset right Mr Toovey.

Moronic way of running the game. The NRL are now at the point where if there is an accidental collision then the defender must be suspended.

The stupid thing is that under the rules two opposing players chasing a ball can shoulder each other. But now as soon as one gets hold of the ball any contact after that equals a suspension for the other player!

Mason was slightly worse than Jorge's but nothing in either. Both were instinctive braces and not charges with malice or intent. The game is going mad. A few dog shots from the Raiders, and they should be sponsored by ACT Dairy as they were milking penalties all day.

I
The half time summary showed their winger do an actual shoulder charge on Jorge early in the game. Refs missed it :mad:

Neither Willie nor Jorge step forward, they both brace for impact. That can never be unlearned as its instinctive @:cool:

Someone should rush at Greenturd unexpectedly and see if he rurns sideways to protect his innards @:mad:
I don't think he's got any lol

Mason was slightly worse than Jorge's but nothing in either. Both were instinctive braces and not charges with malice or intent. The game is going mad. A few dog shots from the Raiders, and they should be sponsored by ACT Dairy as they were milking penalties all day.

Nothing in either BUT Willies off for two weeks and so will Horhay.

Correct the NRL has totally lost the plot.

Eastwood should be charged as well as he put a hit one one of the titans players.

They way they are going the NRL will have one or two players from every club suspended every week on shoulder charges. Stupid idiots

I think it's possible the fact that wighton knocked it on beforehand, that it should change how it's viewed. Both wighton and Jorges body position changed as a result of the knock on.. It is ridiculous of Jorge misses games for that

I think the players association need to step in.
The intent of this rule change was to protect players.
However the players need to be able to defend themselves from an impact as well.
If Jorge gets his head down or jumps up to wrap the opponent he risks a head clash and concussion. There was no time to react.
Sometimes the shoulder is the safest option for everyone.
If he gets time then Manly need to fight it for the sale of the game

Sadly I think you are right
Hope I'm wrong Ron but they are trying to make a point so he'll go, so will whoever hit Horhay earlier in the game.

You can see it coming, a top player will rubbed out for the GF because of this.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6