Shoulder Charges

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
"The ARLC has today advised clubs there will be tougher penalties for any 'dangerous contact' to the head or neck from shoulder charges for the remaining weeks of the season.

Any 'shoulder charge' which results in dangerous contact will be referred directly to the Judiciary Panel without grading."

What an absolute joke !! 1 week before the finals they pull this out. Complete stupidity

Ridiculous.

If the men in pink can't get the obstruction rule correct, why throw a new rule at them.

If one was prone to wear tin foil hats, one could say this was a ploy to thin out our final numbers.

But one isn't.

They just need to enforce the existing rules, if they did that we would have a better game by far. No need for a knee jerk this time of year

I must say not surprised BUT the certainly wrong time of the year to bring in rules changes, but is anyone surprised??

Will this be referred to as 'The Benji Rule' where, if you are a 'personality player' you can get away with it?

Why do they consistently move the goal posts, you can't change rules etc this late in the year

Sport Ears conversation....

Ref1: " that was a clear obstruction"

Ref2: "I thought the decoy runner was attempting to shoulder charge the defender"

Ref1: "I'm gunna go with my gut"

Ref2: "Watmough? Chicken wing?"

Ref1: "clearly...... Put him on report"

Vid Ref: "guys.... Manly aren't playing this game.... But I'll go with Ref's call"

Result: Choc charged with reckless, careless, dangerous contact of an opposition player.

Hollywood on Monday....

"clearly some mistakes were made, but let me be clear on this matter, Watmough does play for Manly, therefore is obviously guilty of running an obstruction play whilst carrying a chicken wing on his shoulder, as this video from KFC shows him CLEARLY blocking George Rose from the sauce whilst in possession of a chicken McNugget, CLEARLY not an item from the KFC menu, an offence which carries a minimum 11ty billion points".

Case closed ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4