Shut Up Gus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
It should be Goose. Gould's commentary tonight was so annoying as he attempts to pressure the commentators to pick his favourite Braith Anasta. Seriously does Braith have pictures of him with a goat or something?? He is as almost in love with Fitzgibbon. Does he have no shame???

Phil is a major turn off and in future I will listen to the ABC radio and ignore the fool. I can't stand him any more!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
It should be Goose. Gould's commentary tonight was so annoying as he attempts to pressure the commentators to pick his favourite Braith Anasta. Seriously does Braith have pictures of him with a goat or something?? He is as almost in love with Fitzgibbon. Does he have no shame???

Phil is a major turn off and in future I will listen to the ABC radio and ignore the fool. I can't stand him any more!!!

How about all his hip hip hooray rubbish and then O'Meley drops the ball cold to make a complete goose of his 3 year campaign against the video ref???

Eventually my nine year old (who supports NSW) last night pleaded with me to turn the TV Commentary off.  And we did, listening to the ABC despite Channel 9 delaying their feed by 2 seconds to try and force people to listen to their awful noise pollution.

I whole-heartedly agree and will be voting with my feet from now on

Would it be defamatory or slander if we started a petition to send to the NRL and channel 9 to have him removed from the commentary team?

The worst part is, he is only going to get better with age.

I know at least 2 other people who turn the volume down because of him.

tbh, i don't mind him. Does go on with some stuff a bit much, but it doesn't really worry me

Anasta should have been the 5/8 from game 1, he is correct about that. The form he has displayed this year, if it was anyone other than Anasta, the media would be raving about it.

He is in love with whomever wears the Number 6 for Rorters. First Fittler.....now Anasta. WOW!!!

He would have to wear disposable undies when he commentates on Roosters games, the amount of loads that get pumped it wouldn't be feasible to launder normal ones.

Bwillyant.....you can't coach that.

He does have a point about the video ref though.

Chip & Chase link said:
He is in love with whomever wears the Number 6 for Rorters. First Fittler.....now Anasta. WOW!!!

do you think anasta has bent for him as well though?

Dan link said:
Would it be defamatory or slander if we started a petition to send to the NRL and channel 9 to have him removed from the commentary team?

You could do it, but you have to remember the culture of channel 9.  They are still living in the 50s in terms of being a mysoginist boys' club.  If you're in the inner sanctum they close ranks around their own (as long as you're male) and treat all publicity as good publicity.

They would honestly turn a petition like that into proof that he is good for ratings.  Look how long they tolerated Sam Newman for!

But the Sam Newman incident is also a guide about what could be done to get rid of Gus.  Get people to contact all the sponsors of the football telecasts and let them know they have turned the sound off because of Gus Gould and thus the ads they're paying premium rates for are not reaching the audience.

Out here the telecast is sponsored by:

VB and Carlton (all CUB)
Bunnings
Local Liquor

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=177650.msg186937#msg186937 date=1213405427]

do you think anasta has bent for him as well though?
[/quote]

Would you do Gus Gould or Erin McNaught??

I have to agree with him though.

How unlucky has Braith been to miss out to Bird this season? I used to think he was over-rated and probably still is a bit but he's been by far the best NSW 5/8th this year.

Best 5/8th??????? Didn't we just beat them by 40 odd to zip?  Anasta has nothing.  His only shot is the kick to his wingers.  Our tall ones,(and Qld has them as well) defused his game.  Anasta is crap.  He certainly was unlucky to miss out to Bird, as Bird is equally as crap, and is a sook as well.  I'm warming to Lyon as our 5/8th after a long time just hoping.  But I still think Stewart should be moved to 5/8 ala Lockyer.  Oh yeah, Gould is rubbish, just an obnoxious self-important fat man in an ill-fitting suit. 

Beating them by 40-0 means nothing in regards to a single player, without him, it probably would have been 60-0 anyway, he saved some tries

What defused his game against us was not us defusing his kicks to the wingers, but rather our forwards smashing theirs and giving him nothing to work with. Lockyer would have looked crap last week as well behind that pack

He is the reason Tupou performs for the Roosters but not for NSW, Anasta runs the set plays beautifully for him

Google will help you out Matas, although I doubt that you actually don't know who she is.

Anasta lacks ticker.  Pure and simple.  He's had plenty of goes for NSW and is crap.

I am not sure if he qualifies, may be a kiwi, but Felatio Mitaio must surely be considered for number 6 if he's a cockroach. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2