Side named for this weekend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Sea Eagles

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
4 Tom Symonds
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Glenn Stewart

Interchange
14 Peta Hiku
15 David Gower
16 Jamie Buhrer
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
20 Esi Tonga
22 George Rose

Coach: Geoff Toovey

I don't like Symonds in the centres, but Tonga named on the extended bench at least has him in the picture and I will hope for a late change

Can't see Hiku playing at all, even though he is named in 14 I can't see how he would fit onto our bench.

If it was me, Tonga start, Symonds to the bench sitting alongside Buher, Gower and Rose

I agree KE that has a better balance to it. Would be surprised if 1-17 take to the field.

well Kite and Lawrence can play long minutes at least so even though we are down 3 pigs we shouldn't be too undersized

Kiwi Eagle said:
If it was me, Tonga start, Symonds to the bench sitting alongside Buher, Gower and Rose

Agreed, thats what Id like to see. And if it isnt we should have Hiku & Tonga drop off with JSL remaining.

Coach Geoff Toovey has named a six-man bench to face the Dragons on Monday night, five of whom played in the NSW Cup last weekend.

Sea Eagles fan favourite George Rose could make his return to the top grade for the first time this season after being named on the extended bench. Peta Hiku, David Gower and Jesse Sene-Lefao were also included, while former Eel and Titan centre/wing Esi Tonga could make his debut for Manly after being listed.

Jamie Buhrer has been named on the bench despite battling a niggling knee injury. The back-rower is confident he will be fit in time to take on St George in 6 days time.

Tom Symonds moves back into the starting 13 to replace the suspended Steve Matai in the centres

Richie Fa’aoso has been ruled out after copping an eight-match suspension for his lifting tackles on Greg Inglis, replaced on the bench by David Gower.

Fullback Brett Stewart will be available to play after pleading guilty to a grade-one dangerous contact charge.

ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS V MANLY WARRINGAH SEA EAGLES
Round 8 - 2013 NRL Premiership
Monday May 6, 2013 - WIN Jubilee Oval
NRL Kick-Off 7pm (EST)
Game Tag: #NRLSTIMAN
Follow @manlyseaeagles for live updates - Join the conversation #gomanly

I'm ok with Symonds in the centres, he's dynamic out wide. Jamie will be up against Cooper, not sure who Tom will mark on the left.

George will have to play. He is the only front rower on the bench.
I'm pleased he has been given a chance. I'm not sure how long King is out for but George has the opportunity to be in the top 17 permanently.

I like Symonds in the centres for this game. Hel be up against Cooper or Chase Stanley who are both big guys but not quick. He should handle them ok.

globaleagle said:
I'm not even going to go.

BAM!!! Just lost your true supporter status. ;)

*Clint acknowledges that he will not be attending the game either & retreats sheepishly into the corner.

Maybe he is thinking to put Hiku on the wing and move Wolf into the centre which allows Symonds to move back to the bench to cover if Buhrer cant play.

I doubt that Wolfie will be centre. His work rate, finishing and cleaning up from the wing has been outstanding this year.

globaleagle said:
Least important game of the year.

You sure?

In my opinion this is a danger game, considering our away record against the Dragons. If we can come home with the two points, it'll give us some momentum heading into Rounds 9 & 10 against the Chooks and the Storm

Bit light on for grunt with that side. Hopefully Watmough can make the most of a 9 day rest and put in another herculean effort, I think we might need it. I don't see Kite playing big minutes, Lawrence on the other hand seems pretty fit so might be able to go 60+.

The thing that disappoints me so much about this side is that I will not see a Steve Matai special on Jamie Meoward.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4