• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I love Rugby League more than anything in this world. In my opinion its the best sport in the world, and the NRL is the best competition in the world. However, one thing that is completely unacceptable is players/coaches signing for a team whilst still playing for another. Once you sign a contract to go to another club, you should be on your way as soon as you've put pen to paper.

People in Melbourne cant believe this happens in the NRL, and is unheard of in AFL. A great example is Geelong's long time player/assistant coach Brenton Sanderson. He was assistant at the Cats from 2007-2011, a crucial part of there premiership successes in 07 and 09. However, 2 weeks before this years GF, he signs to become Adelaide Crows head coach for 2012 onwards. You'd think 2 weeks left in season, he'd stay and help Geelong win another flag....WRONG, as soon as he signed, he was a Crow and watched the GF in the grandstand.

This is the way it should be.....As a fan i cant stomach the thought of one of our guys wearing our Jersey while already knowing they'll be leaving next year. Apart from the NRL, i dont know of any other sports where this occurs, certaintly not in the USA.

Dont get me wrong, i love Des, he will always be a club legend, and i cant see anyone stopping us from going Back2Back. But i hope when the Independent Comission come to power (if it ever happens), its something they'll put an end to.

Football, that's where it happens. You will often see players sign to move to a new club in the next transfer window, but if they do sign with a new club while a window is open they more often then not move straight away.

Well how would you feel if you could not get a new job till you left your last? It would be good if it did not happen but if one player went to court over it they would win and the rule would be thrown out.

In many businesses people sign new contracts whilst still on an old one. i signed a new one and took six months to finish off at the previous employer. The person taking over worked with me for a while and it was very smooth.

It didn't do Cleary too much harm at the Warriors. Mature organisations can manage it, which is probably why St G and the AFL clubs can't.

I agree with CW on this. What I'd like the IC to get rid of is 'get-out' clauses in player contracts. I believe they are the root cause of our current coaching situation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7