Sign them now!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
N

Narly01

Can we sign up Whare and young Hoppa to long term contracts. Like right now!

Why did we not sign TH last year. we left it way to late. We brought him with a long term view but did nothing until his contract ran out.

yeah - let's sign them to 8 year deals for $500k a season! That ought to do it. Management must act now!! ::)

Bit of an overreaction, isn't it Bradza?

I agree, we should make sure we have Hoppa secured as a contingency plan should the unthinkable happen to Snake. Similar situation with Whare and Matai.

Bradza link said:
yeah - let's sign them to 8 year deals for $500k a season! That ought to do it. Management must act now!! ::)

If you sign players early then it doesn't have to be on huge deals. The problem is that we are developing players (Hodko, Warrea-Hargraves, Foran, Whare, Hoppa) and then signing them or more likely having them go elsewhere when their talent is evident and their price tag is high.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=183599.msg266710#msg266710 date=1276647573]

If you sign players early then it doesn't have to be on huge deals. The problem is that we are developing players (Hodko, Warrea-Hargraves, Foran, Whare, Hoppa) and then signing them or more likely having them go elsewhere when their talent is evident and their price tag is high.
[/quote]

The players (& their managers) aren't idiots. If it's looking like a player has a big future ahead of him they're obviously not going to lock themselves in to something long term & miss out on the opportunity to get themselves a big money offer.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=183599.msg266710#msg266710 date=1276647573]

[/quote]

Hodkinson has only been with the club for 2 seasons, not sure if we had too much to do with his development, Whare is in a similiar boat. The state of the game at the moment is that players are looking for money and the side that offers them the best deal is going to win their services. It wasn't long ago that it was us that really made rugby league a professional game, importing players from England, stealing players from under other teams noses, hence one of the reasons, success aside, that we are hated as much as we are.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. As a Manly fan, I know that I am going to be on the winning side more often than not.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4