Sika Manu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
SMH reporting today that Manly are one of the clubs interested in Sika Manu

This interest would only be followed up if T-Rex jumped shipped and the article is tipping him to stay.

Hopefully T-Rex does stay, but should he go, Sika would not be a bad replacement

I can hear all the fans of other teams already, whinging about Manly and the salary cap

I find the report hard to believe. How come player managers are now lumping us in with the ubiquituous Easts, Parra and Canterbury when ever some high profile comes off contract?
I'm sure all we can afford is cheapies from Toyoya Cup.

The Bulldogs are listed as targeting Manu too. I guess that is assuming they miss out on T-Rex. Hopefully we will keep him.

What ppl need to realise is the fact Manly is now the club players want to be a part of & in many cases for less money.
Would Manu like to freeze his butt off in crampy Melbourne with a team that peaks in March or relax on the Peninsula knowing success is almost guaranteed.
Like this young TC backrower from Canberra - obviously the opportunity at the Seaeagles is a far better proposition for his career than Raiders.
Lets face it, teams without a winning culture suffer in attracting players & MUST pay overs, we have sadly been there before, its the nature of the beast.....

MK Eagle said:
What ppl need to realise is the fact Manly is now the club players want to be a part of & in many cases for less money.
Would Manu like to freeze his butt off in crampy Melbourne with a team that peaks in March or relax on the Peninsula knowing success is almost guaranteed.
Like this young TC backrower from Canberra - obviously the opportunity at the Seaeagles is a far better proposition for his career than Raiders.
Lets face it, teams without a winning culture suffer in attracting players & MUST pay overs, we have sadly been there before, its the nature of the beast.....

Pretty sure Sika will go where the money is, MK. On a side note - have you seen how big his legs are??

We could, but we wouldn't.

Hope there isn't much interest there in Manu, good player but has been injury prone & would be on decent coin to boot.

Would rather promote from within for the second row stocks & spend that extra coin on retaining Ballin or bringing in some new blood at #9 if the worst happens & Ballin leaves.

If King / Kite take a retirement package in the UK and/or Galuvao retires, I could see us snaring another forward like Manu.

Something like:-

08. Sika Manu
09. Matt Ballin
10. Darcy Lussick
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Higgins
15. George Rose
16. OTHER
17. Jamie Buhrer

are they sick o' manu down in Melbourne

sorry I couldn't resist

It would help make this team fully sika. Maybe he will go where the fully sick supporters are out west

Crusher_Cleal said:
MK Eagle said:

Pretty sure Sika will go where the money is, MK. On a side note - have you seen how big his legs are??
Need a big axe on those trunks!!
Not sure about Sika chasing the cash , in fact, dont blame any player when its a substantial difference & done with integrity.
I really believe with the Seaeagles current winning culture players would take less in cases & young players with mass potential would favour a move to Manly over possably any other.
So refreshing when you look back to our pre BK, Monas, Kite days when we had to do an Eels & pay mass overs.
Heres a confession - I was excited when we got Andrew Walker, a definate sign of desperate times in the dark days!!!:p

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2