Silence speaks volumes about the pain that drives Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

firechild

Reserve Grader
Few could imagine the emotion Brett Stewart carried to his comeback NRL season and now a grand final, writes Richard Hinds.

Tomorrow, it will be precisely 12 months since Manly fullback Brett Stewart heard the verdict. A year since, in a formal sense, his personal ordeal came to an end.

Read the full article

It is good to see at least one of the major newspapers in Sydney actually has quality journos. Well done to SMH for not acting in the manner the DT has these past few weeks (months, years, decades ...)

Sent Mr Hinds an email to thank him for putting together such an unbiased article. Shame other so called professional journos cannot do the same instead of spouting their vitriolic hatred for Manly and Brett.

Karma demands a 2nd Grand Final ring for Brett
. . .

and at least a double ! Is Les Hanigan still alive ?

Brookie4eva said:
It is good to see at least one of the major newspapers in Sydney actually has quality journos. Well done to SMH for not acting in the manner the DT has these past few weeks (months, years, decades ...)

Except for the fact that they still give Roy Masters column space.

I also sent Richard Hinds an email thanking him for the article. I also pointed out that false allegations can be levelled at any of us, something forgotten by a lot of people.

Poor old Roy. It's a real tragedy that one so stupid can get stuff published. I saw him on 'Bare foot Rugby League', Ch 182 a few weeks ago and he was still bringing up that old worn out us v them stuff. Tedious and boring and equally strange as he's now a rabid Storm supporter. Talk about selling out..

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Yes! The irony of Roy supporting the Storm, a team propped up by News Ltd and that deliberately cheated the salary cap, seems completely lost on him.

Especially when he was writing pro-Manly articles and bye xtension anti-Superleague, circa 1995.

Finally, a story about Brett that looks at what happened to him from his perspective. Maybe if Gallop could think for once about how quick he was to suspend him without even asking him for his side of the story he might even apologise.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4