Silly Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sherlock

I have been reading all your nasty jibes and your lack of gratitood 4 what I can tell you. But the name of this thread is not devoted to slack pricks like Wheel and Mateable.

I'm talking about the signing period that is just around the corner.

Here is what the gossip around Fairfax is:

1. Orford was a cert for Manly but will now go 2 souths.
2. When Orford decided he wasn't coming, so 2 did Matt King - resigning with the storm.
3. Donald did not exercise a clause in his contract. A deal has been struck with Leeds for one of theres. More on that later.
4. Jye Mullane will not b retained.
5. Another high profile forward may be cut loose.
6. Lolesi and Bell are Manly targets.
7. Lyon is going to the Gold Coast in 2007.
8. The refs have been told to crack down on Monas mouthing off. Expect a sin bin in the next week or 2.

Fire away fools. but if u want the news, and the next few weeks are crucial, don't be 2 nasty. It's been a while since i have been hear - to teach u a lesson.

Thanks for the 'heads up' Sherlock.

Not going to belive any rumours anyway until it is reality.

Lolesi would be a bad move IMO, headed to GC in 2007.

Bell would be an excellent buy, and if the Leeds bloke is Calderwood he would be a good addition.

If those two ere signed, IMO we would still need to look at someone like Nate Myles, and Wes Naiqama.

Can't see why we would cut loose a front rower, we struggle in dpeth already there.

lol this is funny. welcome back.

I also have exclusive news.

another player of Manly will leave the club at the end of the season..

"3. Donald did not exercise a clause in his contract. A deal has been struck with Leeds for one of theres. More on that later."

Name
Mark Calderwood

Position
Wing

Date of Birth
10/25/1981

Place of Birth
London

Previous Club
Stanningley ARLFC

Weight 87Kg
Height 6'1
Honours England
Squad Number 2
Debut
v London 03/03/01

Leeds Career :
Originally from London, Mark joined the Rhinos from local side Milford ARLFC. Blessed with blistering pace and the seemingly uncanny ability to shrug off a tackle he has all the attributes that have made him one of the stars of the Rhinos team. Mark had a sensational first season in the Rhinos Academy team in 2000 when he scored over 40 tries. He had a dream introduction to the first team scoring 12 tries in his first full season in 2001 after making his debut off the bench at London in the opening game of the season. His first try for the club came in the Challenge Cup Semi Final against St Helens, and won the Eddie Waring Memorial Award as the best try in the 2001 Challenge Cup. He also scored a try in the Grand Final Eliminator against St Helens were Leeds lost 38-30.
However, that was just a taster for things to come as he set Super League alight with some sensational scores since then.
In total he has scored 60 tries up to the end of the 2003 season and finished both 2002 and 2003 as not just the leading Rhinos try scorer but also the leading British try scorer in Super League. Mark finished the 2002 and 2003 as not just the leading Rhinos try scorer but also the leading British try scorer in Super League. Last season he added another 12 tries to his tally.
Rugby Career :
Mark's performances for the Rhinos Academy in 2000 drew the attention of the selectors for the Leeds Rugby Limited Middlesex Sevens squad, where Mark burst onto the national stage with two sensational tries from there he went to the Dubai Sevens that winter and all of this before he had made his debut for the Rhinos first team.
At the end of the 2001 season Mark was selected by John Kear for the England U21 tour to South Africa. He scored 4 tries in the first test, when England won 112-6 and a further 2 tries in the second test. He retained his place in the England side in 2002 and was part of the squad that lost 34-12 to New Zealand. In 2002 the England A squad toured Fiji and Tonga and Mark played a part in both of England’s victories, beating Fiji 44-8 and Tonga 30-18. 2002 also saw Mark make his debut for Yorkshire in the Origin game, when Yorkshire were defeated 22-18 and retained his place in 2003, scoring a sensational try at Odsal when Yorkshire defeated Lancashire 56-6. Mark also lifted the European Nations Cup with England, helping them reach the final with a hat trick against Russia in the qualifiers and then four against France in the final, with a man of the match performance.

has anyone heard about the Premier League competition to be cut and replaced in 2007 by a under 22's national comp with warriors and brisbane etc sides into it?

If Sherlock is right then my paranoia is grounded in truth. They hate us, they hate us being successful, they'll do what they can to undermine us & they've got people working on the inside.

Thanks for the great info Sclock - by the way we all looove you here. Keep the posts/info coming. We all need a good laugh occassionally

Sherlock- what can I say. You continue to come out with stuff which most should already know - stuff filtered down from other stories.
If you want to continue carrying on with this Sherlock guise give us something decent to go on and not this half baked crap you consistently dribble out.
You pass youself of as a journalist- well come "Shlock" (good one Byso), get to because you're going to have to do alot better than you're half arsed efforts so far to prove yourself to this website!

Caulderwoods rejected Rhinos' contract & has definitely left them:

Calderwood says goodbye to Rhinos
Written by: ESL Media
16/06/2005 Views: 58
Leeds Rhinos have revealed that England winger Mark Calderwood will leave the club at the end of the season after the club and player failed to agree a new contract.

Calderwood, 23, made his debut in 2001 and has gone on to make 118 appearances so far for Leeds, scoring 91 tries since joining from Stanningley ARLFC.

He was due to be out of contract at the end of the current campaign and a new contract was offered by the Rhinos five weeks ago and discussions have been on going but now both parties have mutually agreed to bring the matter to a close.

Commenting on the announcement, Calderwood said: “Being a Leeds lad, I have been very proud of playing for my hometown club, especially experiencing Grand Final and World Club Challenge success.

“But I believe in my ability and value as a player. It has been a major decision to turn down the offer, especially when I have enjoyed being part of a new era of success for the club and, particularly, the fans.

“Whatever the future holds from 2006 onwards, I can promise the Rhinos supporters that I will continue to give 110% on and off the field for the rest of the season as we chase Challenge Cup and Grand Final honours.”

Chief Executive Gary Hetherington added: “It’s disappointing because Mark has been a member of a group of young players who will hopefully be together for many years to come.

“We are surprised at his decision but we respect his wish and he will leave at the end of the season with everyone’s best wishes.

“We are now in an age of freedom of contract and our job now is to find a replacement. With this in mind we hope to make an announcement in the near future.”

Rhinos head coach Tony Smith, who played a full part in the contract negotiations with Calderwood, commented: “Mark has made good progress and I will be sorry to see him go but we have tried to keep him and I don’t think anything more could have been done.

“I know he will continue to give his best for Leeds for the remainder of the season.”

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4