Silvertails 50 ways to improve the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ban field goals in golden point extra time. We might see some amazing tries come out of it.

If a draw happens so be it - at least that way you should get an exciting 10 mins of extra time.

Eagles2nv said:
Ban field goals in golden point extra time. We might see some amazing tries come out of it.

If a draw happens so be it - at least that way you should get an exciting 10 mins of extra time.

It's 1 point for a field goal. Make it -1 point for a missed field goal attempt. You want to decide the game by a FG.. Well if you kick it you win, but miss it you lose.
Seriously though, id prefer they got rid of GP altogether.

DSM5 said:
Have the video ref make a ruling on forward passes in the try scoring movement.

Not possible with current technology. They tried it when the video ref was first bought in, but it proved impossible to accurately determine whether the ball had gone forward because of parallax error due to camera angle. Granted there are some blatant cases that blind freddy could see, but the problem is that you can't have them ruling on some and not others.

Weren't they talking about some microchip inserted in the ball technology at some point ??

Chip and Chase said:
DSM5 said:
Have the video ref make a ruling on forward passes in the try scoring movement.

Not possible with current technology. They tried it when the video ref was first bought in, but it proved impossible to accurately determine whether the ball had gone forward because of parallax error due to camera angle. Granted there are some blatant cases that blind freddy could see, but the problem is that you can't have them ruling on some and not others.

Weren't they talking about some microchip inserted in the ball technology at some point ??

1) Benefit of the doubt, or ref's call maybe?
2) I think they are trialing microchip tech in soccer at the moment.

Everyone already hates benefit of the doubt, so why increase it's scope of application ??

Basically the onfield refs and touchies should be able to pick up these forward passes. I've got no problems with them missing the line ball/flat ones, it's the 2-3m gridiron jobs that blow me away. The whole crowd groans instantly yet the moron running the sideline can't see it ?? Beats me.

My point was they already rule on some and not others. (Tries)

I totally agree with your second paragraph.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2