Silvertails congratulations and tribute to Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

As you all know this has not been an easy case to publish on and there are still a lot of issues that may still arise. So I urge everyone to please keep certain opinions and thoughts to yourselves.

However I think I speak for everyone in saying there is a collective feeling of relief that has blown through the entire Manly Sea Eagles community. We all believed that Brett Stewart was innocent as anyone who has ever met him could never think these things of him.

We at Silvertails want to collectively pay our respects to Brett and wish him well, we were all behind you 100% and still are, congratulations on finally having your name cleared, we never doubted you.

We also want to express our sorrow for you having to go through what you have over the past 18 months and hope that you are somehow able to find your peace with it and soon, we know it will not be easy but trust that all of your fans are behind you and support you to the very end.

Your talent on the football field is unique and something that brings each and every one of us joy, but further to that, your respect for all of your fans and supporters is second to none. Your work in the community is noticed and appreciated by all. You are inspirational to all, especially with your disadvantage of diabetes and your fighting spirit to show that obstacles can be over come. You are truly a role model and one that I hope that my children will grow to aspire to.

Each and every one of us I am sure wants to wish you all the best and offer our congratulations and appreciation and I hope that one day you get to read this and understand just how much you mean to all of us adoring fans (even if half of us are at times drunken louts, well me anyway)

Finally, with this behind you every single one of us, waits with bated breath to see your successful return from injury and know that we will, no matter where we are, be cheering with a thunderous roar, when you next take the field.

So cheers to a true champion, role model, talent and most of all a gentleman of our game.

Dan

Excellent Dan, I can only say I concur.  I personally felt that strongly about Brett's innocense I attended the court twice during the trial - something I have never done.

Dont know why I did it but I just had to do something to support him.

Anyway Brett if you happen to read this - all the best champ nothing can undo the last 18 months for you, Jaimie and your family but you can hold your head high and the way you have conducted yourself has been first class.

Cant wait to see you back at Brookie crossing the white stripe.

Well said Dan

Brett and his family are true champions and didn't deserve this.

I only hope Brett regains his true status with the nrl and the wider supporter base.

Well said Dan

I have to admit to being a bit teary when i got the news.

It saddens me to think of what this wonderful youngman has had to endure over the last 18 months.

I'm glad from a legal perspective its all over for him and his lovely family.

Of the manly players ive met in mine time as a manly supporter theres two that stand out as being more than just great footballers but being great human beings Steve Menzies is obviously one of them and BRett is the other.

That is what has hurt so much over the last 18 months seeing such a Decent Decent person being perseucuted by the media and the organisation that trys to run our game.

Love ya Stewy cant wait to see the Prince of brookie back in action in 2011 and seeing that trademark smile after he scores try 100

Cambo link said:
I have to admit to being a bit teary when i got the news.

Your just a big marshmellow Cambo - hard on the outside soft and guey on the inside.

I have also sent the family an e-mail on behalf of of the MWTS crew, we as a group wish the Stewart family circle all the very best.

The last 18 months have been hard on us all, fans, fellow players, and club administration but NONE of us can imagine what it must have been like for the family.

All of our best wishes and thoughts go to them today after this truly wonderful news.

Brett
Terrific news that you beat these charges
I wish you and Jaimee all the best for the future and you two should go away for a month to relax and clear your heads, (my son told me Hawaii was great) then comeback and set your goals you wish to achieve for 2011 and beyond, You will be a stronger person now
All the best from your home town of Berkeley
cheers
John Gleis

Well said Dan I must admit something came over me when I read Brett broke down when judged not guilty and tears were welling in my eyes, my family love you Brett.

Brett
When a high profile person encounters trouble there is always an element of public support behind them. In your case there has been a massive amount of goodwill and support from people who don't know you directly or have only had fleeting contact with you. The reason for that is the high quality of your character which I would contend is in the top couple of percent of the population. You are a credit to your family and your mum and dad must be extremely proud of you.

Don't let the dark times of the last 18 months subdue your spirit. Continue to use your gifts to enhance the substantial mark you have already made on the sporting field, in the community and your personal life.

Best wishes from two proud supporters.

Thank you to Brett and Jaime and Brett's family for showing such class throughout this extended ordeal.

And thank you to Gallop and the media for showing the contrast.

Can't waite to see both Brett and Glen back on the paddock next year, and enjoying themselves. The whole family deserves every success that comes there way, now and in the future.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6