Silvertails Leadership group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

There has been some discussion taking place between myself and a few key members in regards to establishing a leadership group on Silvertails. The idea of this group would be that they collectively can decide on matters such as bannings and other aspects of the site.
This will allow a better consensus and spread of decisions and free me up to work on the purely technical side of the site, whilst still being comfortable that the site and its members are being looked after.

The powers and makeup of the group is still being decided, however I have asked ManlyBacker to lead the team and it will most likely be made up of the moderators plus a few other key members, and maybe a few left field additions too.

This should lead to a more harmonious forum and gives everyone a point of contact to go to for decisions and suggestions. It also means you don't have one member or myself making decisions that may suit them but not everyone.

I'd welcome your feedback on this and am open to discussion on the subject.

Cheers
Dan

A "No dickheads" policy, to mirror the recruiting policy of the club.

May I also suggest Co-Captains, seems all the rage with leadership groups. Manly Backer and The Eagle ??

Chip and Chase said:
May I also suggest Co-Captains, seems all the rage with leadership groups. Manly Backer and The Eagle ??

No no no. That would then pair me with Mr I. I call foul !

But seriously, cross pollinating mod experiences is a very good thing. Might I also suggest someone like Jethro as a Co-Captain with MB. Both standup guys.

what about guys from centre field or 1st base?

Is short stop getting a run? (ryan would be favourite there)

Daniel said:
Hi all,

There has been some discussion taking place between myself and a few key members in regards to establishing a leadership group on Silvertails. The idea of this group would be that they collectively can decide on matters such as bannings and other aspects of the site.
This will allow a better consensus and spread of decisions and free me up to work on the purely technical side of the site, whilst still being comfortable that the site and its members are being looked after.

The powers and makeup of the group is still being decided, however I have asked ManlyBacker to lead the team and it will most likely be made up of the moderators plus a few other key members, and maybe a few left field additions too.

This should lead to a more harmonious forum and gives everyone a point of contact to go to for decisions and suggestions. It also means you don't have one member or myself making decisions that may suit them but not everyone.

I'd welcome your feedback on this and am open to discussion on the subject.

Cheers
Dan

Good Stuff and definitely needed. But it's a shame that there is always a minority out there forcing you into these sort of things. It's annoying & it just makes more work for the likes of yourself and whoever else helps out on this forum.

Will hopefully weed out a few & make the overall reading much better. Great Job, keep it up :)

Forget it, I'll be gone in a few minutes

Stresses from worrying about becoming sick again and having zero support have piled to make being gone the only thing that makes me smile at all, i'm tired of everything

Another of septembers children, see you next time around hey, good luck

Stiffi said:
Good Stuff and definitely needed. But it's a shame that there is always a minority out there forcing you into these sort of things. It's annoying & it just makes more work for the likes of yourself and whoever else helps out on this forum.

Will hopefully weed out a few & make the overall reading much better. Great Job, keep it up :)

Well said Stiffi!!

The Eagle said:

Stresses from worrying about becoming sick again and having zero support have piled to make being gone the only thing that makes me smile at all, i'm tired of everything

Interesting that you think this is about you.

The decision is because I want to provide a fair and balanced site for all. I personally cant do that and don't always make the best decisions, however a group consensus is always better.

The suggestion was put forward by Clontaago and I very much think it a very good idea.

It would be hard for anyone to argue Manlybackers commitment to Manly, this site and his over all balanced and respectful persona. He is someone I know of and have spent time with him in person and is someone I have the utmost respect for.

The Eagle said:

Shane, nothing is ever that bad mate and getting through the **** times is what life is about. Don't do anything stupid

In MB and Jethro we trust (with a sprinkling of others)

It is a shame that this is the path needed however it is a great solution...although the leadership group term smacks off AFL...

As kiwi said Shane I am hoping you are talking re forum rather than anything else. If not make sure you speak to someone and let those around you know how you are feeling

The Eagle, I understand what the reference is to "Septembers Children" I have had some devastating experiences with suicide in my life and I don't wish to know of anyone else committing this act.

I do not know you personally and have no way to reach you or identify you. However I am sure you have some real life friends on this site, so I ask them to please reach out to you.

If you are having suicidal thoughts for whatever reason, please please ring 13 11 14 and talk to the lifeline, they can help and that is why they are there.

I don't know your personal story but know from what you have revealed that you have battled with an illness in the past, perhaps cancer I believe, I know that can't be easy, and really have no answer for you, I have seen the effects of that tragic illness also. But suicide is so horribly final and whilst it may seem a solution for you, please understand that it really is not, and the pain you will leave behind for your friends and family is something far more painful than anything you may be feeling. That is something they may never recover from.

So I don't know whether your references and intentions stated above are sincere, but I need to take them seriously so Please reach out to lifeline, or call a friend and give them a chance to help you and therefore themselves

13 11 14

The Eagle said:

Its amazing how what seems like an irretrievable dark situation can turn on its head and become a bright new day.

Please PM me if you feel that you would like to discuss anything or in the alternative turn to anyone else you know. I am most willing to have a chat with you The Eagle if you feel it might help.

Eagle/Shane, you're part of the furniture on this site and an element of the roundedness of opinion. Stay with us ok.

Shoe1 said:
Eagle/Shane, you're part of the furniture on this site and an element of the roundedness of opinion. Stay with us ok.

This.
Hang in there you merkin :d. You have more friends here than you think buddy.

I really hope you're ok mate.

The Eagle said:

Mate, we have our differences and all, but jeez, lets go for a beer at the club and have a laugh at the next Eagles game. Against those filthy stinking Bulldogs I think???

If your keen - my shout - we can argue the toss over Geoff Toovey, as long as you promise to ask for a bare knuckle fight.

I can get uber cheap tickets (do NOT ask people how :) ), so call if your keen ???? Send me a PM if your keen, and I'll organise it :)

Talk yo someone buddy. You sound like you need help mate. There are many other options before taking your own life. Suicide affects the people closest to you in a way you couldnt imagine.

I've never met you and i don't like most of your opinions but you're a human being and must be half decent to support Manly. Talk to someone. Let them help you help yourself. Nothing to be ashmed of.

Is anyone going to represent the gay and indigenous communites? (kidding and hope I'm not being inappropriate in any way) Love this site and those who run it do an awesome job.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2