Silvertails.net speed issues????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble opening and reading threads?? Every time I click on a thread to read it takes a approx. 2-3minutes to open. This does not happen on any other website I visit.

Thanks.

there were some server issues yesterday that I noticed. I could barely get onto the server to check things. but that seems to have resolved itself now.

Are you still having the issues?

Yeah i have this same problem using Mozilla---slow when changing threads and also issues with replying to posts.

With the replying to posts or starting a new thread when i hit post reply sometimes it freezes with a tokin error showing up in the top left hand corner---hitting back then refresh still shows the message has been sent though.

Other times when i take up too much time with long winded boring posts there seems to be a timed out period of inaction taking place or "lets annoy TC so he uses less bandwidth and shortens his replies".

TC that's weird very weird.

Token errors should only happen on the front end of the site and not the forums.

When you say you have speed issues, what sort of timeframes are we talking? The site and forums load in under 7 seconds fir me, which is the industry standard.

Timeouts are very odd too as there should be no real timeout though it depends we may be talking about very long periods.

Make sure when you login you check the box for it to remember your login then that way it should set a permanent cookie. Rather than the 1hr session.

Also what version of Firefox are you using?

The speed issues with Mozilla have only been happening for a week or two. Basically what happens is the front page or even opening new threads the whole page loads up but the green download bar seems to pause at 99.9% waiting for the banners to finish loading for 3-4seconds.

It's not overly slow but in the past i could click on links while banners were loading now it won't let me click until all the banners have loaded up.(Mozilla version 3.6.16)

In relation to posts if i reply quickly there is no issue everything works fine but the longer i take it gets to a point where the posted message is posted only after receiving the token error and a blank white screen---this has been happening for as long as i can remember.

I just hit the back arrow plus refresh and find my message is posted----if i take up too much time in posting a message---(leave my computer and come back 20-30min later) and continue where i left off when i post the reply it states i'm not logged in.(computer not in power saver mode of an type constantly on just in case your wondering)

These days before hitting reply i copy and paste my comments just in case this happens.

Today using Internet Explorer so i will see if it's a browser issue.

No issue at all Daniel i'm not fussed--- might just need to update my browser been lazy the past year.

Just as i sent this reply the message was posted but the screen popped up with the "message loading" (square box with the blue circle) and would not release itself from the screen even after the message has been sent.

I'm getting slowness types of problems and receiving posting errors as a result of being logged out (even though automatically logged in in FF) and lag is bad at around 7 seconds per page, and I can see that this is due to ads loading.

Hmm ok let me see what I can do. I may be able to do a pre or post load to fix that. I might ditch the centrebet scrolling at the top as that adds additional JavaScript loads. I'll also have a chat to the ad guys

Thanks Dan. I know the ads are important but I was getting pages loading in 1 sec before, and this almost painful. Cheers.

Without doing anything it is a lot faster for me this morning.

Its actually not the new adverts that are doing it, I ran ySlow and it looks like it is the existing google ads and analytics that are slowing it.

I am going to see if there is anyway I can pre or post load them to speed it up

Hi Guys,

Things should be much faster now. I am loading the adverts that I can through iframes which means their content load should not have any real affect on the overall page load.

My initial tests show that this has sped things up significantly, but would like to get your take on it too.

Dan

Definitely faster Dan. Without measuring, it seems to take about half the time to load now. It was particularly bad when you hit the 'go to first unread post' icon but now jumping to it before all the ads are loaded which is a big improvement. Thanks.

what sort of speeds are you seeing now, anything 7 seconds and lower should be acceptable.

Ok. I would say thats more to do with the bandwidth at the moment, the adverts should no longer have any affect on this, and can't think what else may be slowing it down. I may have to try asynchronously loading the tracking stuff too

I have it jumping all over the place and it could be my end. Some in forum loads are as fast as 4 secs and some at 9. I just had a forum heading one that took 13. Mybe I should yell at the neighbours! I still think overall it is faster.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7