Silvertails Player Of The Year 2014...lab rats required!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Hi all,

Given the success of the Player Of The Year voting last year, we're going bigger and better in 2014.

@Dan has done a fantastic job to integrate this into the site this year, and you may of noticed the Player Of The Year link in the toolbar at the top of the page.

We're going to test the functionality of this during this weekends trial against the Sharks, so I'm asking anyone who is attending this game to vote for their 3, 2, 1 via this link.

At present, if you follow the link, you'll be taken to a page which has a list of games (only this weekends trial is in there at present). If a game has a red bar next it, it is not currently open for voting. If it has a 'Thumbs Up' icon next it, voting is open and you can click the icon to go to the voting page, where you'll assign your 3, 2, 1 for that game.

I hope to run it similar to last year where voting opens shortly after fulltime and closes a few days later, when results will be published.

By running it through the trials, it gives you guys a chance to familiarise yourself with the process and gives Dan and myself a chance to fix any bugs that arise.

Anyway, hopefully the people attending this weekend can have a crack at it and you all jump in and cast your votes throughout the season.

Cheers,

Well, we only had one person vote for the Sharks trial, but the system seems to be working well. I'm going to run it again for the Nines tournament this weekend and I'm hoping, with it being televised, more people are able to vote. We won't do individual games, but rather a 3, 2, 1 for the whole tournament, so I'll activate the voting after the tournament on Sunday and let it run for a few days.

When you click on the Player Of The Year link at the top of the page, if it asks you to log in, just use your normal Silvertails login. Then click on Season 2014 Player of the Year. This will take you to a list of rounds, once a round is activated, a thumb icon appears next to it and you can click on that icon to go to the voting section.

If anyone has problems accessing it, or have any suggestions or questions, either post here, or pm Dan or myself.

Cheers,

Bump

Voting hasn't been activated for the 9's yet but keep an eye open this evening and help Mosto out by testing the system for him.

Done.

It takes a couple of seconds to work out how to get from the Wordpress dashboard back to the Silvertails after you log in. Apart from that it seemed to work OK.

Chip and Chase said:
Done.

It takes a couple of seconds to work out how to get from the Wordpress dashboard back to the Silvertails after you log in. Apart from that it seemed to work OK.
YEs it does. But it works. I'm interested to see who others voted for.

I voted too.

Yeah took me a while to work it out how to vote.

To get it to work:
I logged in using the Wordpress log on it asks for it takes you to the Wordpress Dashboard. Leaving that log in open, i opened a new tab and navigated back to the voting screen and that worked.

There's a link in the top LH corner of the word press dashboard that takes you back to Silvertails. That's what I did.

Yeah I'll add an auto redirect back to the voting, I may just recode it all to work in the forums instead this week

You will now be automatically redirected to the POTY voting once you have logged in.

The system is currently setup so that it tallies all votes for all players and that will go to their overall score.

I can possibly change it so that only the highest overall votes per round get the 3 - 2 - 1 points.

However I think ultimately it will all come out in the wash and end in the same result, happy for suggestions though

Well system seems to be working well, we had six members vote for the Nines. DCE was our Silvertails Player of the Tournament, all results can be viewed by clicking on Player Of The Year link at the top of the page.

With reference to @Dan post above, last year I totalled all the votes for each player in a round and assigned an overall 3, 2, 1 for the round. It was these points that counted to the overall total, ie Man Of The Match received 3 points to their overall tally, fourth placed received none.

How it's setup currently, is if a player receives a total of 50 points in a round, he will score 50 points towards his overall total, and all players who received a vote score overall points, not just the top three.

My preference is to run it the same as last year, as long as everyone else thinks that is a fair system, and it's not too much additional work for @Dan to configure it. Mainly because I think it's a little fairer. The way it was run last year, each game had a total of 6 points up for grabs, to be shared amongst three players. Under the current system, the number of points a game is worth is dependent upon the number of people that vote.

Anyway, let us know which way you would prefer to go.

Ok I'll adjust the code before season starts so it will only award points for each round 3 2 1 rather than total votes

I agree with the 3-2-1 each round based on points accumulated for that round. That's what the 3-2-1 has always been about.

Chip and Chase said:
I agree with the 3-2-1 each round based on points accumulated for that round. That's what the 3-2-1 has always been about.

That's because you don't have to write the code

LOL. That's why you are on the big bucks !! Chuck in a couple of IF NOT THEN's and you'll be right.

Chip and Chase said:
LOL. That's why you are on the big bucks !! Chuck in a couple of IF NOT THEN's and you'll be right.

Précis

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4