Silvertails Player of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
I mentioned this in this weeks 3 2 1 thread, and apologies if this has been done before, but I'm always interested to see everyone's 3 2 1 each week, and wondered who would win if the results were tallied. So, for my own interest, I've done just that. I'm happy to update each week and post the results, and at the end of the year we will have a Player of the Year as voted by Silvertails members.

When calculating, I only counted posts where there was a definite 3 2 1 mentioned, ie didn't count things such as 'whole team gets 3 points' etc. Also, if players were tied for a round I split the points ie two players tied first got 2.5 each (split of 3 and 2) etc

So, the round by round results are as follows:

Round 1 v Broncos
3. Matai
2. Foran
1. Kite

Round 2 v Knights
3. Watmough
2. Taufua
1. Lyon

Round 3 v Titans
2.5 Matai
2.5 Watmough
1 Foran

Round 4 v Tigers
3. Cherry-Evans
1.5 Williams
1.5 Symonds

Round 5 v Bulldogs
3. Watmough
2. B Stewart
1. Lawrence

Round 6 v Sharks
3. B Stewart
2. Horo
1. Cherry-Evans

Round 7 v Rabbits
3. Watmough
2. Lawrence
0.5 Foran
0.5 Matai

Round 8 v Dragons
3. Cherry-Evans
2. Foran
0.5 Taufua
0.5 Lawrence

I'll update Round 9 a bit later in the week when everyone's had a chance to vote, but the overall table after round 8 was:

Watmough 11.5
Cherry-Evans 7
Matai 6
Foran 5.5
B Stewart 5
Lawrence 3.5
Taufua 2.5
Horo 2
Williams 1.5
Symonds 1.5
Kite 1
Lyon 1

Awesome mate thanks for doing that, I always interested in this too. I think I will write something into the website for automating this going forward

Made thread sticky for easier tracking

Good job for doing this.

Anyone know what happened to the manly run comp they had a season or so ago?

Gordon Willoughby (sp) one?

Daniel said:
Made thread sticky for easier tracking

Thanks Dan

globaleagle said:
Good job for doing this.

Anyone know what happened to the manly run comp they had a season or so ago?

Gordon Willoughby (sp) one?

It's still run I think, but can't find it on the website. I emailed the club for the link but it didn't seem to update for a few rounds so I gave up.

Larissa said:
The link is included in the members weekly eNews, the Inside Swoop.

Well bugger me! (not literally).

It actually is and I've been looking for it!

I guess I've been looking, but not 'seeing'.

Sorry to get all Anthony robbins on you guys.

*goes to vote*

mosto, great thinking.

Just a query - when I read the 3 2 1 threads it appears there are 2 opposite ways people list their top three: one camp has a rank (eg. 3= their third best player); the other awards points (ie. 3=3 points to player X etc). Can you clear it up? Your scoring is obviously by points not a rank which is what most but not all do.

Of course it's possible that everyone else but me gets it, so thanks for humouring me if that's the case.

I understand what you are trying to say slide..:s:s:s

No really, I do.

Slide said:
Clint said:

No really, I do.

Ahh, that familiar feeling of scorn.

Now to get out of this padded cell...

Slide just wants to know if you give your best player "1" point - being first, or......

Do you give your best player "3" points, with the points representing votes. The more points (votes) = the better the player.

@[Slide] I also wondered this and have settled on giving who I think the best player was 1 point, second best 2 points, third best 3 points.

If that's wrong, send me a dollar care of the padded cell next to slides!

@globaleagle we must discuss the Kennedy assassination and the moon landing at some stage...

Slide said:
Clint said:

No really, I do.

Ahh, that familiar feeling of scorn.

Now to get out of this padded cell...

It's all good @[Slide] just my poor attempt at humour mate.
I fully understood what you were saying..

Great idea mosto.
I always assumed 3 points is for the best player. That's the way it's always worked in these sort of polls, eg the Dally M.

Slide said:
@globaleagle we must discuss the Kennedy assassination and the moon landing at some stage...

lol you believe there's a moon?!?! You really are crazy!

Fight the power!

mosto needs to make a points ruling!!

@[Slide], hadn't thought of that actually, good point. My way of thinking is 3 points goes to the best player, then 2, then 1. I think @[bob dylan], or occasionally @[The Who] , kicks off the 3, 2, 1 threads, so maybe they, or whoever else starts them off, could stipulate that 3 goes to the best player etc in the initial post, to avoid confusion.

Well, I've tallied the Round 9 results:

3 Lawrence
2 Foran
1 Watmough

Updated leaderboard below sees Choc still on top with Foz moving into second place.

1 Watmough 12.5
2 Foran 7.5
3 Cherry-Evans 7
4 Lawrence 6.5
5 Matai 6
6 B Stewart 5
7 Taufua 2.5
8 Horo 2
9 Williams 1.5
10 Symonds 1.5
11 Kite 1
12 Lyon 1