Silvertails Punters Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

We spoke a little about getting something like this off the ground at the end of last season.

Wondering if people still want to join up and be a part of a Silvertails Punting club?

Dan

If you are interested I am thinking of using something like

http://www.PuntersClubHero.com/joinclub?jid=1239

to run the club.

I want this to only be a Rugby League based punt club though rather than mixing it with the GG's though we may add a special round for Melbourne Cup etc

@bones

actually tying it to the sporting bet one may actually be better
http://www.mypuntersclub.com.au/how-does-it-work.html

I'm keen but never been in a punters club before. How does it work? Do we place our own individual bets or for are they for the whole group? Either way sounds like fun.

bones said:
I'm keen but never been in a punters club before. How does it work? Do we place our own individual bets or for are they for the whole group? Either way sounds like fun.

http://www.mypuntersclub.com.au/how-does-it-work.html

bones said:

You can have 1 person per turn bet a % of the pot I think

One person chooses the bet, they can continue the run as better usually until they fail to win more than the stake they put in but we can play with those rules a bit

bones said:

Bill Vlahos would know!

Ill try to get it setup and ready this weekend

I need opinions on this. We can go with one group which will give us the ability to bet through that site and place all our bets.

If we go via the sportsbet one, then we need to make our own bets externally.

Both have their merits but I would rather see it all controlled through a single point.

Hmm this is going to be a tough one to setup from over here and manage out of region/timezone, does anyone with experience with running or being part of a punters club want to put their hands up to facilitate this?

I can put some feelers out mate. I have a friend that runs a pretty big punters club across all sports. It is all done with local guys though. Im not sure how it'd work across states & countries though.
How do we want it to work?
Do we have a pool of money, take it in turns to bet & then split the pool at the end of the year? Does the best punter of the year collect the pool? Are we betting across all sports? Horse racing, A-league, union, nrl, etc or just nrl? What happens if someone wants out half way through?
My thoughts are something like this -
All punters put in a set $$ amount
Draw a punter at random to kick things off
You can bet on any sport
You bet once a week, by the Monday night of each week
Punter continues to bet as long as they win back their stake each week
Run the comp for a set period of time. Say til after the NRL GF.
If you want out, bad luck you do your $$$
If any $$ left at years end it is split in equal shares amongst punters
Exotic multis are encouraged
Special thanks to Ricky Ponting for sponsoring this thread
Question - is this legal? Are we breaking any laws by doing this?

my thoughts

all punters $20 to enter
each punter bets with that stake
If he wins the $20 or more back he goes again with another $20
Its the Punters choice on what he bets on
the punter can bet anytime of the week
if the punter loses its the the next punters turn

Needs to be decided what minimum bet will be

Generally how they run is everyone puts in amount each month/day/week

We bet x percent each week, say 90%

The rest goes into a kitty for later use.

We have one better each week who takes the money and places the bet. If he wins more than he bet he keeps the bet for the following week. If he loses the bet the better changes to the next person on the list. The reason it's hard for me is that i can't open a betting account from over here

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7