Silvertails Tipping Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know we will be running the tipping comp as usual this year. We are still nutting out the prizes with MWSE and others and @"Chip and Chase" is working hard on the entire thing.

You can start signing up now, prices, payment processes and Prizes will be announced soon. One particular prize has been considered and if we get it, Ill be studying my tips very closely!

Stay tuned and follow the link above if you want to sign up just to make sure your name is in the ring.

Dan

bones said:
Follow which 'link above'?

I'm pretty sure that Dan was talking about up the top of the page in the two places where it says "Tipping Competition" but you could also use this link:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/tipping-competition/Jan-Davis-Memorial-Tipping-Competition-2014/9/sign_up.html

:)

After last years last round thriller I'll be back to do it all again. Can't wait.

Yes tipping comp is on like Donkey Kong again.

As will the Last Fan Standing comp and the lucky tipper draw at season end for all entrants.

Just trying to finalise the details of this years prizes, once that happens we will make an announcement. However don't be shy, you can still get in early and get signed up regardless.

Link is at the very top of the page.

@"Chip and Chase"
@Dan

I've put my tips in. Then I receive a confirmation message telling me my tips have been entered and I have picked a margin total of 0.
I can't see where the option is to choose a margin in any game. Apologies if its there and I just can't see it for looking.

@bones - margin/bonus games haven't been chosen yet by the looks of things. You'll just have to revisit your tips prior to Round 1 commencing and put the score in for the weekly bonus game. We are still finalising a few things, but wanted to have it open so people could register at least. We'll make a general announcement when all ready to go as a reminder. Thanks for signing up though.

@Silver Eagle and @panash - there are two links to the tipping comp, one right at the top of the page banner and one just above your log in details (has a little trophy icon adjacent). Disclaimer - if you are viewing via the mobile / iPad platform I don't know what you will see as I don't use that very often - I can check tonight and report back

Or you can follow this link

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/tipping-competition.html

Once there select the 2014 tipping comp - "register" button. It will take you to the information page and then there is a little "click here to agree and register" at the bottom of the information / T&C's box. Click on that and you will be registered.

We haven't set up the Paypal payment link yet (couple of minor technical hitches) but once that is up and running we'll let you know and you can pay your entry fee and you are good to go.

Silver Eagle said:
I still cant find the actual link to join up and put my footy tips in ?

You can go to the top of the page where the menu bar is and click on either of the "Tipping Competition" options (refer to the attached picture below) which contain the links,

TippingCompLinks.jpg

or you can just click on the following link:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/tipping-competition/Jan-Davis-Memorial-Tipping-Competition-2014/9/sign_up.html

Mobile doesn't have that Tab.

I managed to register, but where is the paypal link ?
Or will that appear when I make the first round picks ?

HappilyManly said:
Mobile doesn't have that Tab.

I managed to register, but where is the paypal link ?
Or will that appear when I make the first round picks ?

HM To quote my post above

We haven't set up the Paypal payment link yet (couple of minor technical hitches) but once that is up and running we'll let you know and you can pay your entry fee and you are good to go.

Links are at the top again for mobile.

Adding paypal link shortly

Silver Eagle said:
After i click on agree to terms etc it keeps coming up you must log in when i have already

Think that was an issue with front-end caching I put in place.

Just clear your cache and try again it should be fine then

OK guys the Pay Pal link is set up and ready to go. You can access it from the general tipping comp page or from the information page for the 2014 comp.

The bonus game for Round 1 has also been locked in, so if you have entered your tips for Round 1 then you may need to revisit this and put in your predicted score for the bonus game.

Please note that you need to do 3 things in order to appear on the leaderboard list for the competition. If you are on the leaderboard then you are locked in and eligible for all prizes

1. Register for the Comp
2. Enter your tips for at least one round
3. Submit your payment

Please note that there may be a delay between when you submit your payment and when we receive notification from Paypal. We then manually mark you off as paid. So give it a day or two and then if your name doesn't appear on the leaderboard send me a PM and I will look into it. But remember you need to fulfil the 3 steps above.

If you have any general problems with navigating your way through the competition processes, post them here so Dan and I can help. It also helps answer problems that others may be having.

Get on board people, don't leave it till the last minute.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6