Silvertails Upcoming Downtime and events

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi,

1 - I haven't set any dates or times for this yet, but sometime in the next month before the season starts I am aiming to move us to a new hosting provider that will better suit our needs, hopefully. I will need to trial this first and have a few people see what load times are like (I am looking for volunteers) :) There is a chance that the new servers, whilst improving the overall performance and minimizing downtime may be a little slower.

2 - Again before the season starts I am aiming to move us to a new forum software. We currently use SMF and it just can't handle our load in high load times. It has suited our needs for years but it is time to consider moving on, as such i am reviewing forum software now and have narrowed it down to about 3 of these. I may need people to help me decide on that too.

3 - Site re-design. This will happen across the next few months and may not kick in until next year unless it is required. However I will be paying a designer to revamp Silvertails and give us another fresh and new make over. Fixing a few of the expanding issues and other things we face

4. I still have some merchandise in the works but have had a rather busy few months so havent been able to act. I need to have our logo re-designed and the resolution increased, from there I will do a run of Stubby Coolers first and then look to take pre-orders of shirts. Once I have a certain amount of shirt orders and sizes I will get them printed.

Anyone who thinks they can help with any of the above let me know.

Dan

cool. We are moving to a more powerful server, however it is going to be located overseas, meaning instead of 43ms replies it will take about 230ms which equates to a maybe a second per page.

However it means that during greater load times, like during the footy and after the game, we should be able to stretch out our usage across additional resources which arent available now. Kind of an "on Demand" setup.

I am going to trial it for a week and if it is **** turn around and move back to this one. But just have to get a time when i can do it

Happy to volunteer as well Dan, let me know if you need help testing.

The problem with testing it over the off season is we wont get to see what it is like at full stretch, due to the low traffic, right?

thats about right but not much i can do. I will feed some fake hits at it and see.

The site will undergo a slight redesign too and that will help with loads

No I crossed vbulletin off the list. Largely because since the software changed hands it's not or less crap.

IPB is the top of the list, with mybb and xenforo up there too.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
My best friend Dan

I even found the meaning if DILLIGAF on Google!

Now look up Fubar!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295349307[/time]

Just from a merchandise point of view I would love to see a MWTS shirt done M*A*S*H style(but M*W*T*S @ the front) and on the back saying "What goes on tour stays on Tour"

Ant80 link said:
Just from a merchandise point of view I would love to see a MWTS shirt done M*A*S*H style(but M*W*T*S @ the front) and on the back saying \"What goes on tour stays on Tour\"

Not bad.

Saving Private Ryans explanation's better

"What's Fubar Sir?"
"It's in the German dictionary"

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295351719[/time]

Another thing  Dan once you get the website running at a profit ( wouldn't know what that is ) can I suggest this the Site becomes a sponsor of SG Ball, Harold Matt or even a U20 player.

Know that Bradford, Leeds and another team do a similar thing(they call it a Squad Builder program). The Bradford one were sponsoring George and Tom Burgess last season. They are sponsoring the last remaining Burgess brother @ Bradford a couple of others and a 16 backrower that's supposedly a really good player named John Batemen (played against a full strength Halifax (So was playing against men) the other day and killed them)

Ant80 link said:
Saving Private Ryans explanation's better

\"What's Fubar Sir?\"
\"It's in the German dictionary\"

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295351719[/time]

Another thing  Dan once you get the website running at a profit ( wouldn't know what that is ) can I suggest this the Site becomes a sponsor of SG Ball, Harold Matt or even a U20 player.

Know that Bradford, Leeds and another team do a similar thing(they call it a Squad Builder program). The Bradford one were sponsoring George and Tom Burgess last season. They are sponsoring the last remaining Burgess brother @ Bradford a couple of others and a 16 backrower that's supposedly a really good player named John Batemen (played against a full strength Halifax (So was playing against men) the other day and killed them)

I don't know what prices are involved but I doubt we will hit this much profit :)

Maybe if everyone chipped in a few dollars we could sponsor one of the fg players. 

It would be cool to sponsor someone like killer and have st's name read out at brookie as a sponsor every time he kicked a goal or scored a try.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7