Silvertails year in review

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Righto, the year is essentially over for us and site visits are starting to drop, as such this is probably a good time to start getting some ideas and opinions from you before I embark on any changes for next year.

So I want to know the things you liked, the things you didn't like about the site this year and any ideas of things you would like to see and changes you would like me to make for next year.

As always your opinions and ideas help make the site a better place for us all so no matter how silly you think the suggestion is throw them at me.

At the same time I want to say a huge thank you to all of those that posted news over the year and to ManlyBacker for managing all the submissions. Also a massive thanks to Zep for providing us with a home.

So throw your ideas and feedback at me please guys

Dan

Ban Matas and DSM :)

wouldn't that be boring?

Seriously though Dan, its all good.

one tip for the tipping comp, maybe lock in Manly as a tip for everyone each week. after all we are all supposed to be Manly supporters..

With the tipping comp I agree with Fro.  How can we call ourselves Many supporters and then punt against our beloved sea eagles.  And what happened to the bonus star beside a game?  Didn't seem to be a pick each week.  Besides that, I've enjoyed the site and well done from me.  And a special thanks to Jethro for his spelling tips.     

Dan, out of all the versions this one is (IMO) the best in terms of page presentation and general look & feel. I wouldnt make wholesale changes to it, as i think it deserves to be remain familiar.

Only thing ive noticed in terms of functionaity is that when i go looking to find a post ive made, by going to the profile page, it lists the posts but the text describing what thread name etc isnt shown (despite hovering mouse over it and it showing a link). But then when clcking on that hidden link it simply takes me to the forum home page but not the actual thread itself. Which is where i wanted to go to see what i said and replys etc.

Its a great site.

Needs more Ryan Yarts  :p

:) I didnt add a bonus round every week out of sheer laziness :)

I will think about making it randomly select one so there will always be one next season, or allow user to select their own bonus round.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Dan, out of all the versions this one is (IMO) the best in terms of page presentation and general look & feel. I wouldnt make wholesale changes to it, as i think it deserves to be remain familiar.

Only thing ive noticed in terms of functionaity is that when i go looking to find a post ive made, by going to the profile page, it lists the posts but the text describing what thread name etc isnt shown (despite hovering mouse over it and it showing a link). But then when clcking on that hidden link it simply takes me to the forum home page but not the actual thread itself. Which is where i wanted to go to see what i said and replys etc.

Its a great site.

Needs more Ryan Yarts  :p

yeah i agree with the fact this version is the cleanest and nicest so far, and I dont want to make major changes, am more looking for extra features and things that will keep people coming back. I also want to look at perhaps adding facebook and single sign-on features.

As for the forum. I am getting close to being at an end with this forum software and am considering a switch to a better written and cleaner one next year

bonus picking by user would be cool, nobody would know who was "saving it up" and there could eb some big moves near the end.

auto pick manly is a must IMO.

Dan the site rocks

As long as you keep the poor people like me involved by not charging us 50 bucks to post like those other guys did you can expect continued excellent patronage.

It would also help if Manly last more than 21 seconds in next years finals series.......  :p

Cheers

NYEagle link said:
Dan the site rocks

As long as you keep the poor people like me involved by not charging us 50 bucks to post like those other guys did you can expect continued excellent patronage.

It would also help if Manly last more than 21 seconds in next years finals series.......  :p

Cheers
what about $5 haha just jokes.

Lots of people have contributed money to this site over the years and there are so many to thank.

Like I have said to others. This site is great because of its members, and the fact that it requires very little moderation is a testament to everyone here.

maybe work something out with Mark regarding his away trips, I know they seem to be well patronised, could be a good thing for you both

Get Byso off his arse to take 2010 photos early in the year - nothing worse than seeing players who no longer play for us on the front pages (except beaver of course)

yeah I wouldn't mind some more photographers coming on board.

Also with Mark, discussions are already underway as well as talks about a newsletter as well

I think it's a great site, I have checked it out in the past but only started posting comments this season. Some more photos would be good. On the forum, is it possible for karma to be attributed to a post as well as to the poster? Sometimes it is not obvious which comment has attracted the praise/derision etc!

We will see what happens next year

I may start the forums a fresh with a brand new forum and leave this here for archive purposes. Or instead bring some of the information across. See what is easier i guess

That will have new features. I am tossing up whether I should by vBulletin as well as its an awesome bit of software

Smite counts may be re-set next year and the race for the first century will begin again

byso link said:
Dan is the gallery working?

I have got some 2009 photos to add if required

That would be fantastic. Also a few more thumbnails of newer players for the news items such as Farrar, T-Rex and Foran.

byso link said:
Dan is the gallery working?

I have got some 2009 photos to add if required

its currently broken, but on my list of "todo's" will let you know when its done

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4