Single Sex or Coed Schools

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This issue was raised in another thread - with some strong feelings made about boys or girls schools versus co-ed schools.

Does anyone have strong feelings about what is best and why?

If you have a school for straight boys does that mean we should have a school for the gay ones?

Post changed so that this thread doesn't get hijacked :cop: :wall: Mod!

well I was a half decent student and I honestly don't think I would've got any different TER if I had done the HSC in a co-ed school.
I just think having male female interaction gives you more of an idea of how to behave in the real world and the wrong behaviour of some private school blokes at the end of school should be fair testament to this.
I really don’t think having males and females together is a distraction and those who are distracted are the type that are going to be distracted anyway.
Having attended a single sex private school for 6years I cannot see how I gained any advantage at all and I would much rather have attended a co-ed school.

I wouldnt send my children to a same sex school.
While i have heard of the two sexes doing better in their studies if seperated , I have also heard of some having sex releated issues. I dont mean gay or whatever but some do find it hard to iinteract with the other sex, while others go hell for leather to make up for lost time.

Also , not exactly same topic , but not far , I wont be sending my child to a Public school either. I have experienced both public and private and a local catholic school is my preffered choice. This may ruffle a few feathers but the public schools i have been to are nothing short of ****ed!

Co-ed schools easily, in my opinion. It's important for kids whilst growing up to interact with both sexes- a lot only get this opportunity through school. My friend's brother goes to an all-boys school (up to Year 10 anyway, Year 11 and 12 is co-ed), and he and his friends are a tad screwed up in the head (eg. group hentai watchings :|)

I wouldnt send my children to a same sex school.
While i have heard of the two sexes doing better in their studies if seperated , I have also heard of some having sex releated issues. I dont mean gay or whatever but some do find it hard to iinteract with the other sex, while others go hell for leather to make up for lost time.

Also , not exactly same topic , but not far , I wont be sending my child to a Public school either. I have experienced both public and private and a local catholic school is my preffered choice. This may ruffle a few feathers but the public schools i have been to are nothing short of ****ed!

toally agree with you there too earl

There was a feature article about this issue in one of the Sunday papers last weekend. The opinions of students we’re gathered and it made for interesting reading.

For me, it has to be co-ed. Schools play a huge role in social development and the other posters in the thread have just about hit all the key issues. I also doubt that interaction with the opposite sex would have a more negative effect on academic performance. I went to a single sex school and the boys I knew wrestled with each other and sat around to watch Neighbours (most for the glamours, haha) in groups. There are distractions both ways.

And you’ve got to spare the female teachers. There were countless discussions about which teacher we wanted to root.

There was a feature article about this issue in one of the Sunday papers last weekend. The opinions of students we’re gathered and it made for interesting reading.

For me, it has to be co-ed. Schools play a huge role in social development and the other posters in the thread have just about hit all the key issues. I also doubt that interaction with the opposite sex would have a more negative effect on academic performance. I went to a single sex school and the boys I knew wrestled with each other and sat around to watch Neighbours (most for the glamours, haha) in groups. There are distractions both ways.

And you’ve got to spare the female teachers. There were countless discussions about which teacher we wanted to root.

ha sounds like my old school!
Our basketball coach never used to wear a bra on Saturday mornings and was always totally vague and wearing sunnies when she turned up even if it was raining (I wonder what she was doing the night before) anyway- we used to take it in turns faking an injury and when she'd come to check out the injury the rest of the team would gather around and look down her top.
That is just the tip of the iceberg and I'm quite sure there were a few things going on between year 12s and some members of staff.

I chased skirt in high School. If I was at an all boys school for longer than 1.5 years in year 7 and 8 I still would have chased skirt at the nearest girls school.

I felt women were more important to me than education. Moving to a co-ed school just meant I didnt have to wag school to see my gf

I think a few of you would laugh at the sight of school dances at an all boys school, which were organised with a few different girls schools once every blue moon...very funny free for all.
If you haven't picked up by the last bit of the night you just have to lower the bar and settle becasue that's all we were going to get till the next farken dance!
I'm no oil painting but a few times when meeting conquests from dances at the movies of a Sunday I got the shock of my life when they looked very different to the way I remember :doh: !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4