Site performance (speed)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Guys,

I just implemented a change that mainly is to do with Google and how it looks at our site. It makes it a lot easier to get to the content and read it plus a few other things.

However this has come at a cost to the speed of the site. I want to monitor this and see how it goes, if anyone notices any significant degradation or outages, please let me know.

Dan

I take it that it has still been running fine?

Cool it will improve in the future when I implement some heavier cacheing but that is a while off yet

Yeah there was a period there that it was slow but seems to have gotten past that now

last few days i can get onto the site fine, usually by the time i open a 3rd thread or page i get a page timeout, then takes about 5-10 minutes before i can start again.

All seems fine with mine. Keep up the great work Dan. Much appreciated with the time and effort you put in for us fans to have a forum for our great club.

Have noticed that posting in a thread recently that when I hit post the page stalls & doesn't reload sometimes. You have to manual reload the page. Te text has been uploaded though. This could just be because I'm using firefox.

when mine stalls it says waiting for partners sportingbet.com.au

Yeah that's the affiliate stuff loading might pull them back a big I think

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
last few days i can get onto the site fine, usually by the time i open a 3rd thread or page i get a page timeout, then takes about 5-10 minutes before i can start again.
That's a new one is that from home, work everywhere?

The only issue i have with the site is using google chrome occasionally threads go missing......it will come up and say thread not found normally in the bigger action threads of the day

Hmm interesting. Let me tell you a story about chrome. Its no firefox. The end

I spent the better part of a fortnight working on chrome issues with the enterprise software that the company I work for develops. Despite 5 or 6 releases since then our conclusion is still unsupported. :)

When it happens can you pm me the URL it is providing you?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8