Site rest 4 summer Dan?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Hi Dan & crew, just asking if the site will close down in the off-season or will it remain functioning for those tragic people that sweat on hearing any Sea Eagles news, like:

George Rose was seen buying groceries at the supermarket.
Steve Matai takes out cornrows for weekend party.
Brett Stewart boards plane to Gold Coast to spend weekend with a certain dedicated fan.
Bird watcher locates Sea Eagle nest.
Fellow gnomes report that Matt Orford was stolen from the garden by drunken teens.

Please fill us in and let us know any shut down dates. Thanks.

This place never shuts, we have plenty to discuss over the coming months (apart from Stewy's court case) and apart from the snippets you have noted eg George & Josh demolish Xmas smorgasboard, Kingy breaks another fingernail and Des gets a haircut from New Years Eve

Great to hear. I've loved participating in this forum this year and keeping in touch through summer will add something to a long and boring off-season.
I don't even know who I want to win now. Hate everyone but the Titans, though don't rate their chances too high.
Will have to put up with watching some (most likely) News Limited bunch of tossers hoisting the trophy this year.
David Gallop - you suck!

It's Monday morning and summer is mentioned and it sinks in that for all of us summer has really started. Life is cruel and I'm joining Dan in the foetal position for a few days, attached to some form of numbing drip.

we stay open, no point closing it, you never know what might pop up in the coming weeks

Just hope and pray there isn't a state or federal election or that someone resurrects the "There is no God" post. (pun intended)

It could get pretty ugly and make the Orford and Matai opinion pieces look like kindergarten. It would end up as a 'smite festival'.

We will have a certain court proceedings on which to comment and hopefully some signing news along the way.

i dont have the time for such debates anymore CW unfortunately.

Dan link said:
we stay open, no point closing it, you never know what might pop up in the coming weeks
I'm in the for long haul. The off-season's great when you're Premiers - plenty of gloating to do.
When you're out I guess it's time to immediately jump to next season. A whole new comp. Manly 2010 Premiers has a nice ring to it.

I have the next few weeks of death riding the Dragons too, that should be fun.

All my Dragons supporting friends were gloating far too early in the season and I tried to warn them, so seeing them exit next week could be a very sweet off season moment for me

All we need is an Aussie icon to die so that Mata can slip the boot into them. That'll be good for a few posts. Anyone want to frame a market on his next likely target ? I'll say Gough Whitlam or Bart Cummings are the ones most likely in his crosshairs.

Dan link said:
I have the next few weeks of death riding the Dragons too, that should be fun.

All my Dragons supporting friends were gloating far too early in the season and I tried to warn them, so seeing them exit next week could be a very sweet off season moment for me
Me too. I've never really liked the Dragons but I particularly hate them now they are connected to the Broncos via Wayne Bennett and the players he took with them. It is a good sign that the Dragons were crap yesterday.

Its not the Dragons I hate, it's the way their supporters take any sniff of success and blow it out of proportion, forgetting that just a few short months ago they were soundly beaten by most comers.

They celebrate far to early and i love nothing more than rubbing losses in their faces.

In the past few years we have been to the bottom depths of our existence and come back and there have been good and bad times along the way. Enough to make sure that I only count our wins once they are in the bag

Dan link said:
Its not the Dragons I hate, it's the way their supporters take any sniff of success and blow it out of proportion, forgetting that just a few short months ago they were soundly beaten by most comers.

They celebrate far to early and i love nothing more than rubbing losses in their faces.

In the past few years we have been to the bottom depths of our existence and come back and there have been good and bad times along the way. Enough to make sure that I only count our wins once they are in the bag
It's not just the fans that blow St George's trumpet. The media do it too. This year the media has been really tossing over the Dragon's and the Bulldogs. Even when Manly is on fire the media still writes us off. That's why 2007 & 2008 were so great. Nobody expected us to be that good.
The 2010 pre-season predictions will have Manly sitting in the bottom half of the 8. Not a problem, Manly perform better when not expected to.

- Stewart Court Case
- Orford's Contract
- U20's
- Keiran Foran's Contract (God dont let those dirty canibals get him)
- Sam Burgess (where will he go?)

Plenty of **** to talk about over the next few months.

niccipops link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181733.msg241779#msg241779 date=1252888502]

It's not just the fans that blow St George's trumpet. The media do it too. This year the media has been really tossing over the Dragon's and the Bulldogs. Even when Manly is on fire the media still writes us off. That's why 2007 & 2008 were so great. Nobody expected us to be that good.
The 2010 pre-season predictions will have Manly sitting in the bottom half of the 8. Not a problem, Manly perform better when not expected to.
[/quote]

you cant say the media were wrong about us though can you?

I'm the same Dan - I've never minded the dragons team that much on the field but their supporters give me the ****es. The 50/60's p/ship run has given them the most ridiculous base of arrogance that just goes on forever. They'll never throw off the chokers tag if they go out in straight sets after being minor premiers. Please god?!

The Dragons could sign Serena Williams in order to find a bit of mongrel!!!!  Can you imagine a love child from the union of Serena and Wendell???? :) :) :)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181733.msg241751#msg241751 date=1252886351]
i dont have the time for such debates anymore CW unfortunately.
This is code for Dan finding God.
[/quote]

nice try

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4