Site will be offline 1st December for maintenance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

The data centre that contains our server need to run some maintenance, this will include approximately 5 hours downtime and is unavoidable.

The site will be offline from around 6PM Sydney time on Friday 1st of December, until about midnight. As always with these maintenance periods, there is a chance that the servers will need to be down for a longer period of time.

We apologise for the inconvenience. Going forward and before next season there will be more scheduled downtime as I run a lot of maintenance on the site and some of the scripts.

Expect the forums to be down, or at times very patchy as I make changes and fix some small bugs.

Any questions or issues please feel free to ask and anything you think needs addressing in this down time or suggestions for the site, would all be appreciated so that I can attend to things during these periods.

Dan

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Btw, my techno guru wife says vBulletin is a better forum software but costs $200.

My 2 cents.

Lovin your work always!

globaleagle said:
Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Btw, my techno guru wife says vBulletin is a better forum software but costs $200.

My 2 cents.

Lovin your work always!

To an extent it is. vBulletin 3 was an outstanding bit of software, but when they owner and developer sold it all, and version 4 came out, it upset a lot of people and it certainly isn't the software it was.

Now I would say IPB is probably the best on out there, but again it costs money.

myBB was written with vBulletin in mind and has a very similar feel to it, hence why I tried it. It is also very light on server resources, which is something we were having major issues with under SMF.

I was going to make the switch to iPB last year, but before I did, I ran a test install of a number of options for the forums, and had a few people test them out and decide.

The general consensus was that myBB was the best feel out of the free options and I decided it was worth trying, if only for a few months. However after a year and people becoming used to it, I have found that it's a pretty good bit of kit, and I will only move off of it now, if needs dictate. If I do make that choice, I will probably look at iPB and also look at their entire solution rather than have a loose integration between myBB and Joomla as I do now

Stevo said:
Probably just have a look at blokeman instead!

lol
Pretty sure it will be down too same host :)

Actually need to start updating that site again

Daniel said:
Hi everyone,

The data centre that contains our server need to run some maintenance, this will include approximately 5 hours downtime and is unavoidable.

The site will be offline from around 6PM Sydney time on Friday 1st of December, until about midnight.

Friday is 2nd Dec, so assume you mean this?

ALinda said:
Daniel said:
Hi everyone,

The site will be offline from around 6PM Sydney time on Friday 1st of December, until about midnight.

Friday is 2nd Dec, so assume you mean this?

Yes sorry meant 2nd, it is on the first for where the servers are held.

Actually, let me re-check the email it may in fact be tomorrow night :)

Jatz Crackers said:
In reality this is just a Dan hair maintanance day. Nothing to see here, move along.

Insert joke about still having hair worthy of maintenance here

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7