Sitting outright 2nd, and still at 60%

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
We are in this comp up to our eyeballs. To be sitting in outright 2nd and still be so far below our best is to me the most pleasing thing at the moment.

Tonight's display was as poor as I can remember for at least 60mins of that game.....but the boys found a way to win. The Storm are the only team to me who remotely are capable of doing something like this.

Foz and Killer back next week will add so much to this team. Foz allows DCE to be that little bit more composed, as he doesn't have to feel the onus on him. And Killer, well in memory of the immortal Reg Gasnier, he really is the modern day Prince of Centres.

On some negatives, on tonight Jorge cannot be picked for Origin, Cronk will torment him all night. If he was penciled in for Origin, to me he has just been rubbed out. And Choc, whilst you bust your balls all night and I love....please stop passing the ball!

Lol Choc can pass the ball if he, when actually playing the ball does not drop it.

Isn't BJ a Queenslander, as far as the qualifications go?
I know he was born in Adelaide, and unless something's changed that I haven't seen, every reference has him eligible and keen to play for QLD.

And they've already picked their squad.
At least for Game 1 anyways.

We'll be lucky to get anyone picked based on last night...and that suits me too.

Like a couple of other heavyweights, eg. the Scum and Dogs, I can see only injuries or bad attitudes stopping us this year.

Bj born in Mackay. Spent time in Adelaide (RAAF brat) but not born there.

Should be a blue though...

Ah thanks...I knew it fell into place something like that.

I agree too...be handy if he was a Blue.

Did he play his first NRL footy for the Raiders?

Doesn't that have sway? Your first footy at 16yrs and up or something I thought.

Killer03 said:
And Choc, whilst you bust your balls all night and I love....please stop passing the ball!

Having 5 offloads in your game does not make you a good back-rower.

Choc's offloads are just dumb. He doesn't think. duh! He has to look before he decides to offload.

His allowable 2 penalties and 2 knock-ons per game is wearing thin.

You would have though someone would have coached choc how to play the ball by now.

Having one hand on the ball to lift yourself into position to play the ball is not the way to do it.

After all of these years the things that let him down are still in his game.

Yep a couple of silly billy offloads by Choc but from my view on the hill it looked like he put Wolfy through a gap once ;)

RiverEagle said:
Isn't BJ a Queenslander, as far as the qualifications go?
I know he was born in Adelaide, and unless something's changed that I haven't seen, every reference has him eligible and keen to play for QLD.
And they've already picked their squad.
At least for Game 1 anyways.
We'll be lucky to get anyone picked based on last night...and that suits me too.
Like a couple of other heavyweights, eg. the Scum and Dogs, I can see only injuries or bad attitudes stopping us this year.
Maybe under instructions from the coach . . . we did an amazingly accurate job of playing everyone OUT of the SOO and at the same time STILL secure the 2 points. ! Only part a) of the plan didn't work, as 2 of them still made it.. Oh well, there's always Game 2 to miss if we can.

Two involved is better than three, four or five though, from our perspective at least.

Who knows...if NSW lose badly there may be wholesale changes. Usually the games have been close enough to justify the originals, mostly.

Anything's possible, but if Tooves somehow orchestrated that whole scenario, he's already coach of the year then...lol.

I literally get the shakes and start talking to myself every time Choc touches the ball. I don't want him to pass it cause 50% of his passes hit the deck, BUT I don't want him to get tackled with it either cause of the likelihood of a drop in the play the ball. Dunno what options that leaves him....kicking it maybe.

Everytime choc gets the ball I scream at the tv....'DON'T PASS IT!!'. Especially at the line. Okay to pass the ball well before the line, but he passes dollies just as the defence is ready to hit!

Lol...Gotta' love our Choc though.

Fair points but I reckon he's not fully fit either, as a few other ppl have pointed out.

He seems a bit tentative, or stuck in 2nd gear sometimes; but he's got a heart the size of a football for sure.

Don't be surprised if he doesn't excel yet again in Origin, too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6