1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Size on 5 degree angle

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Dan, May 1, 2012.

1. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +6,353 /93
    Righto I just want someone to check my math here.
    I am putting in a reverse roof, basically a roof under a deck to drain the water away and essentially make the area somewhat weather proof.
    I am just using corry for it and am going off the base measurement for laser light which requires the largest pitch of the stuff available on the market of 5 degrees.

So the distance it has to cover is 3.45m roughly though a gutter means this will likely shrink to around 3.35m

So if my math is correct and it has been at least 13 years since I last calculated the size of a side on an angle but the drop from top to bottom on a 5 degree angle across 3.45m is roughly 30cm
    Does that sound right to everyone else or have I got my units wrong somewhere?

This just seems like a large pitch for a smallish area. I can probably peg this bac to 3 degrees if needs be also

2. globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +9,372 /74
    yes.*

the lack of responses made me and my friend Jim beam lol.

*I accept no liability for this answer.

In on page one!

I am thinking of deleting this.

edit, it does sound right.

3. Boofhead

Boofhead Active Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +79 /0
    Hi Dan, I used this calculator http://ostermiller.org/calc/triangle.html and it shows 270mm so, yeah, pretty close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
      Ratings:
      +6,353 /93
      excellent thank you. I am going to buy roof sheeting that has a 2 degree angle because 30cm really kills the head room :)

• globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +9,372 /74