"Skilled Stadium"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would have travelled from Sydney but Father's Day prevent it. Next year at Robina will hopefully be at a more convenient time. I think there would have been other travelling supporters restricted by Father's Day.

Matabele said:
Given unemployment on the Gold Coast is something like 80% you'd think they could at least find security with all their teeth and a passable standard of English.

lol

Had to walk about 1k away to the limo assembly point after the game which was terribly inconvenient.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Careful Mata, some might find some racial tone in that ;) lol

Speaking of disgusting, did anyone find it pathetic the sheepers telling Cooper (union) that he is next, in relation to the 5 dead army men during the moments silence? Stay classy nz stay classy

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Speaking of disgusting, did anyone find it pathetic the sheepers telling Cooper (union) that he is next, in relation to the 5 dead army men during the moments silence? Stay classy nz stay classy

It wasn't five. Get your facts straight before you go off half cocked.

Matabele said:
Matabele said:
First, is there a worse named Stadium in terms of being an oxymoron for the home team?
Mount Smart Stadium would have to be up there actually.
The "centre of excellence" next door to skilled would have to be up there.:huh:

Matabele said:
The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

From what I have read it was 5. 3 were shot and 2 died in the helicopter accident.

Jono said:
Matabele said:
The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

From what I have read it was 5. 3 were shot and 2 died in the helicopter accident.

Thank you, there was 5 dead,I read news occasionally and if you listened to the moments silence notice all weekend they claimed 5 dead, either way does such scum get a free ride if its just one or 2? One dead Aussie in any conflict is way to many, hell one dead army bloke is to many no matter where they come from and basic death threats are disgusting

Aussies respect the dead, it'd have been one or 2 who would have been less popular than me over here, not a whole crowd if filth ridden scum

The Eagle said:
Jono said:
Matabele said:
The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Thank you, there was 5 dead,I read news occasionally and if you listened to the moments silence notice all weekend they claimed 5 dead, either way does such scum get a free ride if its just one or 2? One dead Aussie in any conflict is way to many, hell one dead army bloke is to many no matter where they come from and basic death threats are disgusting

Aussies respect the dead, it'd have been one or 2 who would have been less popular than me over here, not a whole crowd if filth ridden scum

They were paying their respects to dead NZ soldiers at the Bledisloe game. The Australians weren't dead yet.

If that wasn't such an inappropriate moment it would have been kind of funny. I find that irreverent humour amusing, presuming the guy yelling it out wasn't actually hoping Cooper was going to die. Unfortunately the timing was never going to be justifiable. The "minutes silence" is sacrosanct, but there aren't many games that you don't hear some moron yell out. Most of the time it isn't even anything witty or poignant. Just dribble.

Jono said:
Matabele said:
The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

The Eden Park thing was after the 2 NZ soldiers died.

I was at the Broncos game on Friday night where a few grubs also yelled out during the minute silence for the recent event 'Go Broncos'. Not surprising.

Biggest issue as has already been highlighted with Skilled is transport. From Surfers I didn't want to spend an hour on a public transport bus so sucked it up and paid for a cab. Surely from two of the biggest hubs (Surfers & Broadbeach) or even just Pac Fair they could organise shuttles.

Not what I read from Optus news (they had it wrong) :S I guess that its fine to laugh about dead kiwi servicemen? Minor facts don't change how disgusting the act was, if you think it does your an imbecile

On a brighter note: next year can we have a post match function on the gold coast? There is a lot of fans here on the coast and we would fill any room, it would also be a good opportunity to push some memberships. I travel up for the Brisbane one and it's awesum.

Chip and Chase said:
If that wasn't such an inappropriate moment it would have been kind of funny. I find that irreverent humour amusing, presuming the guy yelling it out wasn't actually hoping Cooper was going to die.

If they were talking about his career prospects they were pretty much right.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6